Cool Bulldog names and there meanings

Audra

Mar 20, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Full of Bologna
ok so Bologna is a silly name. Obviously it is a super fatty piece of processed meat. But our Bologna is so rolly polly. A little hind sight as well, my husband and i had talked about getting a bulldog someday. 6 months ago, we had a destination wedding where we cruised all over croatia, slovenia, and italy for a week and then we got married in the Amalfi coast of Italy and then honeymooned in southern italy for another week. During our cruise, we were discussing getting our EB in the near future. So as we sat on our balcony watching boats sail by we, there was a boat called BELLINI (a champagne and fruit drink) and we discussed Balogna (pronounced Balonya) which is a city in Italy which created the original Bologna sausage, which the american version is Bologna is spelled different and pronounced Baloney:) anyway, his name is not only silly and related to his looks, but also something we picked in Italy after italy that reminds us of our wedding. Someday we woud love to get a female and name her Bellini. Then we will have Bologna and Bellini:)

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Ivy means ivy, which represents fidelity and eternity. Claire means clear, bright and famous.

Oliver means bringer of peace.

they were both named before we got them. their breeder is a gardener, and named the litter after favourite plants, although some of the names were changed. we kept them, and added claire.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
This is a great topic!!! Love reading everyone's input! Chunk was Chunk when we got him (he was already 2 years old so we felt it wasn't fair to change his name. Plus he was named after the movie "The Goonies"! We love it!) I think it's fitting for him. :)

We want to name our next EB Slimer ... My husband thinks their wrinkles are similar. Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334770944.065051.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is a great topic!!! Love reading everyone's input! Chunk was Chunk when we got him (he was already 2 years old so we felt it wasn't fair to change his name. Plus he was named after the movie "The Goonies"! We love it!) I think it's fitting for him. :) We want to name our next EB Slimer ... My husband thinks their wrinkles are similar. Lol View attachment 19972 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laugh; Slimer.... the slobber adds to the name too

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Lol yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaikousha

Jan 25, 2012
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor & Odin
LMAO @ Slimer.

Thor - Norse god of thunder and lightning, which is extra funny because he cries during thunderstorms. Poor baby :(
His nicknames include Gub, Bubby and Nicholas VonPoopenstein. :p

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson is a patronymic surname meaning "son of Watt." The popular Middle English given names Wat or Watt were pet forms of the name Walter, meaning "ruler of the army." From the elements wald, meaning rule, and heri, meaning army.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubrey means "elfin king". LOL! We named Aubrey because we are huge Auburn fans (War Eagle!!) and I wanted her to be Aubrey instead of Aubie (the mascot)... because Aubie is a boy.

Members online

No members online now.