Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi All,

I thought as it was excruciatingly hard for me to come up with the name Bongo that we should post cool names that we use or have heard of and there meanings.

Bongo - in Tagalog which is a Filipino (Buungo) dialect it means skull and in my family back in the 80's that was what you called a headbutt in wrestling which i thought was fitting for my Bongo.

Other cool names I've heard:
Oakley
Leonidas - ( Leo) he was the king in the movie 300
Sparticus - Gladiator
Draven - Brandon Lees name in the Crow
Woola - the dog thing in John Carter girl.
Magnus
Loki- god of mischief
Derdan- Brad Pitts character on the fight club
Makai
Mooki
Sorry not many girls names. You wouldn't believe the lack of what I think are cool unique bulldog names on the web for Bulldogs. What I think is cool may not be the same as everybody else lol. We should come up with the ultimate bulldog name list for this the coolest dog ever.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I think that topic would be very interesting! It could help others find a name for their pups. :)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold means I am always hungry and therefore will follow you around the house until you feed me, lol. I love the king in 300! I want to mary him, lol

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
After googling a bit, apparently Stig's name is Scandinavian meaning the 'wanderer'. And Punkin is just another way of saying pumpkin.

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
I just looked up Howard's name. We weren't thinking of meaning when we named him. My hubby just really wanted to name him Howard and it sounded nice to me too (although I was voting for Stanley). Anyway it is an old English name and means "noble watchman." I think it is very fitting!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
BEATRIX (Beatrice is an alternate spelling)
USAGE: English, German, Dutch, Late Roman
PRONOUNCED: BEE-ə-triks (English), BE-ah-triks (German), BAY-ah-triks (Dutch) [key]
Meaning & History
Probably from Viatrix, a feminine form of the Late Latin name Viator which meant "voyager, traveller". It was a common name amongst early Christians, and the spelling was altered by association with Latin beatus "blessed". Viatrix or Beatrix was a 4th-century saint who was strangled to death during the persecutions of Diocletian. In England it became rare after the Middle Ages, but it was revived in the 19th century. A famous bearer was the British author and illustrator Beatrix Potter (1866-1943), the creator of Peter Rabbit.

BEAUREGARD
USAGE: English (Rare)
PRONOUNCED: BO-rə-gahrd [key]
Meaning & History
From a French surname meaning "beautiful outlook". <== so true!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our pups are all named after athletes

Nitschke --- Ray Nitschke , a linebacker for the Green Bay Packers in the '60s/'70s

Banks --- Ernie Banks, played baseball for the Chicago Cubs

Cheli -- Chris Chelios, played hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola - she was a showgirl; she walks like a woman but talks like a man. :):):)

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Nigel- Irish & Gaelic meaning Champion
Talulah- Native American from the Choctaw Tribe meaning leaping water
& possibly Gaelic meaning fruitful woman ( we'll never know how fruitful tho cuz she's spade) :)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
To @ Vicaroo1000 with love, :evil:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I picked Samson because I just thought it fit my boy so well. I googled Samson and I read the meaning is "sun." I also considered Brutus and Cash, I still love both names for bully boys as well as Frank The Tank and Bubba. For girls I like Stella and Betty but I could never name a dog of mine Betty because it is my dear grandmas name :)

I also really like Winston, Cutty, Sarge, Linus, Gunny and Bentley, all come from bullies here on EBN so I would never feel comfortable swooping them for bullys of my own :)

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
We spent many vacations at Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells and love it there. In their definition it means "beautiful views". I thought it would be cool to name her after a place we had a bunch of great family memories, plus naming a bully "beautiful" made me laugh ( though we think she certainly is)

IMG_0433.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.