What brand of Nail Grinder do you prefer?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I'm thinking about getting a nail grinder and doing Bruin and Lilly's nails on my own (well, with my bf's help). I took Lilly to the vet and they did a GREAT job on her nails with a grinder, so I decided to take Bruin and they did a GREAT job on his also, but at $22 a pop I'm thinking $20/$30 for a good grinder and we can do it ourselves. I'm not sure how many of you grind your own pups nails, but if you do, which one do you use? Dremmel, Oster...etc? I searched some key words in the forums, but didn't come up with too much.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We use a Dremel but I don't think they have a model that is only 20-30 bucks. More like $75. But at 22 bucks a pop to have them done it doesn't take long to pay for a Dremel.... and then you have the best.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] :bang:

Why didn't I think of that!?

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
We use a dremel. We spent 30$ on it but it's wireless so maybe that's why it was cheap.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I'm leaning towards Dremmel, but wasn't sure since Oster has good hair clippers, so I figured the motor in the nail grinder might be good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Dremel makes several models. Im sure the plug-in model like ours is the most powerful BUT, we only use the very lowest setting so it probably isn't an issue. The rechargeable model would be a lot more convenient.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have a Dremmel that has been used 2 x on Brutus. Chanel gives me no problem to do her nails..Brutus on the other hand Ughhh better luck at catching a fly! We let the vet do Brutus nails for $10 about every 2 weeks ! They are only 10 mins away so its not a hassle for us!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Dremmel here too! But Rook really isn't a fan of it. It's a two person kind of job to avoid getting an arm chewed off. I'm hoping over time he will get used to it and accept that's how is gonna be.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have the rechargable dremmel and love it~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.