Man who held English bulldog for ransom is sentenced!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I remember this story well.....:mad:

Man who held English bulldog for ransom is sentenced

By msnbc.com staff

A man who stole a woman’s bulldog, demanding pills and $1,000 for his return, was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison, the Longview Daily News reported.

The saga of Jagger the English bulldog began on Oct. 4, when his owner, Jennifer Thomas, of Woodland, Wash., offered to give baby clothes to Johnny Lee Jordan, 39, and his pregnant girlfriend, Ivy Rose Svaleson, 24. Svaleson was days from giving birth.

Thomas, who is wheelchair-bound from an accident and relies on pain medication, last saw her 2-year-old pooch in her driveway, KATU News in Portland, Ore. reported. Three days later, she began receiving threatening photos of Jagger by text message, accompanied by threats.

“If you don’t do exactly as you’re told the next few messages will be of your friend slowly getting tortured to death,” the person wrote, according to KATU. “And do us both a favor, keep this to yourself, no cops.”

But Thomas relied on her medicine, KATU reported, and she did not have money to pay the thieves.

Investigators became involved, but turned up little. Then, on Oct. 24, Jagger the bulldog was found dead on railroad tracks. Officials believe he died before being tied to the tracks. Thomas’s veterinarian concluded that the dog had been tortured, although a Human Society investigator did not find obvious torture wounds, the Daily News reported.

Svaleson has admitted to sending the text messages and tying up the dog by the railroad tracks, the Daily News reported. She and another accomplice will be tried next month.

A witness pointed police to Jordan, who has an extensive record in Washington State.

Thomas, accompanied by her husband and daughter, watched Friday as Jordan was sentenced to 41 months in prison for theft and extortion. Thomas said he showed little remorse for stealing her dog.

"He supposedly was apologizing but he didn't look at us," she told the Daily News. "He tried to blame it on somebody else. He said, 'I'll admit to my part of it but there was another person.'"

Last edited:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im so glad that he got at least a decent sentence..

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:cry: poor Jagger what he must have went through with this cruel person! I cant even call this man a person :cursing:

Now he can spend the next 3 years thinking about what he did...unless the prison system is like NJ where your sentenced to 3 yrs but serve 6 months...I Pray not and he rotts in there

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Wonder what his sentence would have been if that was a human child he did that to..... grrrrrrrr.

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
This makes me sick to my stomach! He may have only been sentenced to 3.5 years (or shorter) but I firmly believe there is a special place in hell for people that can torture/kill innocent animals!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
The laws need to catch up with the "kind" of person who is capable of violence on animals.... It won't surprise anyone when this person is next incarcerated for violence against humans.... It makes me so upset to think about the fear and pain of both that dog and his owner....

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I remember Jagger - so heartbreaking for his mommy. I'm glad they did do something to that creep but it will never be enough. He will be punished - of this I'm sure.

R.I.P Jagger :heart:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I remember this story very well. Utterly tragic and heartbreaking. Goodbye Jagger, thank you for all the good times and loving your family unconditionally.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I wish I could do painfully things to all that were involved in the torture of that dog. If I was the owner in that court room, I have no idea what would have happened. They would probably have to sedate me. I would certainly try to kill that "man" (on grounds of temporary insanity of course). I think people that are found guilty for murdering others, be it animal or human, should be put in a room and any family member of the deceased should have the option to go in there and have everyone else look the other way, whatever happens, happens. These things make me so angry.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
i hope he meets a bullie lover... who feels the same way about as we do !!!!!!

R.I.P. Jagger x x

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
That's so sad. What's wrong with peeps 😡

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.