Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Last week when I went to the vet I asked him for some medicated shampoo like Malecetic or something with Chlorihexidine (sp?)

Well, he gave me a shampoo I had never seen or heard of before but it has Keloconazole and Chloroxylenol in it, making it antibacterial and anti-fungal as well.

Many of the medicated shampoos I have tried in the past barely foam up, making me feel like they are not really cleaning. I tried this shampoo on Molly last Saturday and was surprised that it foamed up really well, and even though she did not look very dirty, the dirt was coming off of her like crazy!!!! I was almost surprised how dirty she was! :eek: Especially on her (white) paws- which looked very white when I put her in the bath.

Anyway, the smell is not too medicine like either. 2 days later she smells as if she just had her bath, which I do not find that to be the case with any other shampoo I have tried. She is also very soft!

So I want ed to post a recommendation for all of you. I will check in a couple of days and let you know how it is holding up. So far so good!

The shampoo is called Pharmaseb shampoo.

Made by anm pharm, a broad spectrum Antifungal and Antimicrobial shampoo Formulation.

pharmaseb-flush-1323892199.jpg

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
How often can you use it? I give my guy a bath every week. Not because he is dirty, but because he is smelly. We are almost through transitioning to Fromm Beef Frittata and I am hoping that will help. He is only 4 months so I worry a bit about how strong he will smell when full grown. I find myself washing all his blankets, bedding, kennel mats, and toys every week so the house doesn't smell like Tank. We are using an oatmeal shampoo, vet recommended, but I do still worry about his skin with weekly baths. I would like to find a shampoo that is good for his skin and helps with the smell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=4325]Corlando465[/MENTION] I will post later this week to see how she is smelling. She was starting to smell like corn chips just 2 days after her recent baths, which is why I asked the vet for a medicated shampoo for her.

I will keep you posted. I generally like to bath my bullies about 3-4 weeks in between, but she was not holding up that long! Now after two days she looks, smells and feels like she was just bathed.

I am also going to be bathing all of the others in it too when it is their turn. So, I can give really informative results lol

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I use a product called SEBOZOLE made by Vetoquinol in NJ. It doesn't suds up much but does get them clean. I've been told the chemical that causes the suds is added to some products.

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
We bathe Jackson once a week. We start with medicated shampoo (he has skin issues from time to time) and let that sit for a few minutes, and then follow-up w/ oatmeal shampoo. It works great! He usually stays smelling pretty good until the next bath.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
She was starting to smell like corn chips just 2 days after her recent baths, which is why I asked the vet for a medicated shampoo for her.

:ROFL:

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], The corn chips comment made me laugh.. Living in a house with two teenage boys who live/breath sports its a smell we know too well. We always joke that Molly (shout out to another molly bully!) smells like corn chips because she's always chewing on the boys cleats/shoes :barf:.

C

Cooper11

I use shampoo i get from my other dogs groomer. It is oatmeal based and smells awesome! And Cooper and Gracie are always so soft after their baths. Cooper had a bath almost a week ago and I don't think he smells yet and he is still pretty soft. His face is the only thing that starts smelling but I think it is from the draining eyes and the stuff I clean it with. I use toe zoom groom brush in the bath.......I use to get barely any suds with this shampoo either I just figured it was the bully coat that didn't make the suds but when I use the zoom groom brush it suds up like no other and cleans them really good too...... just a suggestion to anyone I would buy the zoom groom for daily brushing, it works great and for bath time! You won't be disappointed! I can't remember the name of the shampoo i get from the groomer but I tried googling it and didn't find it so I am not sure you can buy it anywhere else??

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Thanks for mentioning this one - we have used it in the past and it's great!, but I am liking the enzymatic shampoo by Zymoxx even better because it has a nice fragrance to it. I just got a leave in conditioner made by Zymoxx as well. This stuff smells amazing and doesn't need to be rinsed off. You can also dilute it (it's like a conditioner) and put it in a spray bottle if you want as well. Mr. D smells great and you can reapply between baths. Doesn't make the coat sticky or greasy either! And it has the antifungal/bacteria killers too. :) I'm going to see if I can start washing him just twice a month (and use this in between) and not weekly per the vet's input that too much bathing is going to dry him out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks for the info.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
This is the shampoo I use on Vegas, I have mentioned a million times that not only does it work well, it really cuts his shedding down by alot!! Not so much now that we are going into spring, but normal season it was amazing what a difference in shedding I seen. I think your going to like it, I do. At about 2-3 weeks is when he needs another bath, right now with our pollen out of control our vet advises bathing him once a week to keep the pollen off him. Face and feet cleaning daily.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Good info to know. Is there a reason you use a medicated shampoo? I need to know for my own knowledge. And what makes a bully smell like corn chips, lol?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online