Walking with a limp????

C

Cooper11

I told [MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] to make a post but she ignores me so I will make it for her. So when Gracie is sitting or laying for a bit when she gets up she kinda walks with a gimp or a little limp......Is this normal or should be be thinking she may be having some problems or going to be having problems. I can't tell if she is favoring on leg or not or if she is just stiff from sitting and then getting up. I don't know what the sign of hip problems are or anything like that. I have a video but don't have it downloaded yet and its kinda hard to see it. Does anyone else have a bully that does this. She isn't even 8 months so I was hoping it wasn't anything serious or that we should be worrying about. She doesn't do it all the time but has been doing it more often.

I checked her feet also and they are good not redness no cysts nothing???

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Dont have much advice on this! It could be maybe her leg is falling asleep. Hope its nothing serious Im sure others will have more advice! Give Gracie and Coop a :hug: and kiss from me and the gang

OP
C

Cooper11

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=169-Hip-Dysplasia-in-English-Bulldogs

Heres our article on hip dysphasia...could be just stiffness..I'd try making sure she lays on something soft..not the hard floor..that's hard on doggies!

O don't worry bout that....She is Spoiled with a capital S!!!! She has so many blankets and an expensive kennel cushion in her kennel and she has just recently been a big girl and had free roam of the house at night and when my mom goes to work! :) She has been sleeping on the couch. But I will tell my mom about hard surfaces! :) She is a little of a thicker bully she always has been...she has that beefy look....so I was really thinking it was stiffness. And then I mentioned the hip thing to my mom and we were both like I hope not....and then I was afraid maybe she hurt one of her legs....cuz it actually seems like she favor one of her front legs. Since they hide pain so well it worries me a little. She doesn't seem to be in pain. And she is not a big jumper on or off of stuff....K I'll read the article! :)

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] :eek: ok so now that article has me worried. Maybe i should tell my mom xrays wouldn't be a bad thing to get done on her just to be safe. And some one had put a pic up of their bully sitting weird....:blink: I swear Coop sits like that sometimes.....I will have to pay more attention...I just thought it was a normal bully thing! Thanks for posting that becky!!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

I just read the article also. I would say to be on the safe side just have x-ray done to see if they see anything! It will be worth it! Just incase it is something if you catch it quick maybe it wont escalte! I pray its nothing and just falling asleep! :hug: :hug:

OP
C

Cooper11

@Cooper11

I just read the article also. I would say to be on the safe side just have x-ray done to see if they see anything! It will be worth it! Just incase it is something if you catch it quick maybe it wont escalte! I pray its nothing and just falling asleep! :hug: :hug:

LOL.....I know I hope it is nothing. She is one of those bullies who snores and snorts so loud just sitting there. She acts likes its a chore to walk from one side of the room to the other. Now that I think of it my mom says she doesn't like going down the first step at my house to get down to the entryway. I really wonder if one of her front legs is bothering her.....My mom is going to freak! I was thinking the hip thing but then I figured that more came in older bullies until I read that article!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah I would def say to have it checked! Esp if she isnt wanting to walk much and going up steps! I mean again it could be nothing...but just have the xray to make sure! If you catch it quick it will be easier to treat! Hoping and praying all goes well and its nothing! :pray:

OP
C

Cooper11

Is she over weight? My vet says that is very hard on their joints. :)

She will be 8 months on the 13 and she probably weighs 47 lbs around there. I think she could lose a few pounds to tell you the truth. We have been trying to walk everyday and she will walk but she tires out quick. She has always been bigger than Cooper but she will play and wrestle just fine. My mom is cutting her fromm back I think to the lower amount of what it suggested. I can't tell if she is overweight per say.....she has always breathed heavy, panted, snorted....most people who see her say she is a chunk but compared to Cooper (her brother) he is probably between 40-42 lbs she does look big. She is just the more stockier built than him. Wider shoulders and the bully stance and Cooper isn't as big boned as her. What is a typical weight for an 8 month old female.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
She will be 8 months on the 13 and she probably weighs 47 lbs around there. I think she could lose a few pounds to tell you the truth. We have been trying to walk everyday and she will walk but she tires out quick. She has always been bigger than Cooper but she will play and wrestle just fine. My mom is cutting her fromm back I think to the lower amount of what it suggested. I can't tell if she is overweight per say.....she has always breathed heavy, panted, snorted....most people who see her say she is a chunk but compared to Cooper (her brother) he is probably between 40-42 lbs she does look big. She is just the more stockier built than him. Wider shoulders and the bully stance and Cooper isn't as big boned as her. What is a typical weight for an 8 month old female.

I don't know how much she should weigh for sure, but my two year old girl weighs 49 pounds. :)

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus sister is now 10 mnths tommorow and she is 50lbs. She isnt overweight and still feel ribs...They are all different some taller than others. Some bigger than others but not fat big You know :)

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

OP
C

Cooper11

I don't know how much she should weigh for sure, but my two year old girl weighs 49 pounds. :)

I hope Coop doesn't get much heavier than 50! I brushed gracie last night and went to stand her up to do her tummy and OMG she is a load!!! I bet she ways 50 lbs! Cooper and Gracies parents weighed : mom-35 lbs and dad 65 lbs so we could stay small or we could get huge! :yes:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
if it is her front leg feel around all the joints and bones and see if she lets you do it. if she doesn't stop you, it's probably not a broken bone or fracture, which means she doesn't need x-rays. if it's a muscle thing, the only thing that cures it is rest. this happened to ollie, he didn't rest, and it went away.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I hope Coop doesn't get much heavier than 50! I brushed gracie last night and went to stand her up to do her tummy and OMG she is a load!!! I bet she ways 50 lbs! Cooper and Gracies parents weighed : mom-35 lbs and dad 65 lbs so we could stay small or we could get huge! :yes:

hey Meg.... Banks has HD.... was found when she was about 10-12 months. she has had a great life and it has never stopped her from doing anything. She limps here and there, but I just keep Deramaxx in the house and give her a pill as needed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.