Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking with a limp????

Cooper11

Default Re: Walking with a limp????

Quote Originally Posted by rainyruth View Post
    I don't know how much she should weigh for sure, but my two year old girl weighs 49 pounds.
    I hope Coop doesn't get much heavier than 50! I brushed gracie last night and went to stand her up to do her tummy and OMG she is a load!!! I bet she ways 50 lbs! Cooper and Gracies parents weighed : mom-35 lbs and dad 65 lbs so we could stay small or we could get huge!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

if it is her front leg feel around all the joints and bones and see if she lets you do it. if she doesn't stop you, it's probably not a broken bone or fracture, which means she doesn't need x-rays. if it's a muscle thing, the only thing that cures it is rest. this happened to ollie, he didn't rest, and it went away.
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    I hope Coop doesn't get much heavier than 50! I brushed gracie last night and went to stand her up to do her tummy and OMG she is a load!!! I bet she ways 50 lbs! Cooper and Gracies parents weighed : mom-35 lbs and dad 65 lbs so we could stay small or we could get huge!

hey Meg.... Banks has HD.... was found when she was about 10-12 months. she has had a great life and it has never stopped her from doing anything. She limps here and there, but I just keep Deramaxx in the house and give her a pill as needed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
    Likes (Received)

+1 to what @2BullyMama said..

Get her checked out. Its sooo much better to find out early. My A
    ussie Cattle dog lived to the ripe old age of 13 with horrible hip and leg issues (HD, torn acl as a puppy that was never fixed, hip damage caused by a car, broken leg never properly set.. all happened before i adopted him).

If you find out now.. the right mix of supplements and medicine can keep her good as new!

On a side note.. that same dog would 'fake' limp to get out of doing things he didn't want to do. Maybe if he didn't use his front leg to fake being hurt we would have gotten away with it more .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads