Benedryl

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Hi everyone, Wrigley is 6 months old, and with spring coming to Illinois, hes more active outside in our fenced backyard. I notice that his eyes are watery, and some mornings its really watery, I'm not sure if hes allergic to something outside, but I did give him a 25ml pill of benedryl with his banana. How often should I give this to him?? And there is no change with his tear stains on his face the vet dr had advised me that this is normal on all bulldogs, Ive tried everyway possible of treating his tear stain, weather its cornstarch and peroxide mix, witch hazel, vaseline, triple anti, ect. He is on a pretty good quality food FROMM pork and applesauce 4 star. Thanks everyone for info.

C

Cooper11

I have used the Century 21 tear stain wipes and those actually worked for me. I also have been sing the Malacetic ultra solution so as suggested on this site. Key is to clean it and get it try and keep it dry ...... Coops stains are gone but he is red there now and loss of hair....his eyes were draining so bad i think from allergies.

As for the benedryl [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] just told me this You can give 1mg per pound - Banks is 60lbs but I give her 50mg in the AM and 50mg in the PM with her meal. Said also will make them tired.....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't have much experience with tear stains...but I'm sure others will chime in soon. I do know a lot of people use Zyrtec with good results...if you think the Benadryl isn't working.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Even thought the Fromm is a great food, it may not be the best flavor for him... try the Game Bird or Beef Frittata. You can just switch flavors with Fromm - no transition needed.

BTW -- love the name ! And, our girl BANKS is named after Ernie.

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] thank you and where can you get malacetic ultra?

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thnak you I appreciate it

C

Cooper11

Also You may have to ask Lisa [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I don't think you should use it daily but Im not sure...... it is a little stronger smelling... Cooper runs once he sees the bottle! But the century 21 wipes i got from pet smart and I saw some people say they didn't work for them but I saw a difference on Coops the next day and my hubby even said it looked better....

asimpson

Jun 20, 2011
Edgewood, Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cassius aka "Cash"
For tear stains, I used witch hazel on his wrinkles twice a day this has been working. I have also tried Angel Eyes and it really worked but expensive and it didn't last long. With Cash it seems the older he gets the better the stains have gotten.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.