Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Itchy butt???? :(

Cooper11

Default Re: Itchy butt???? :(

Quote Originally Posted by TomnZon View Post
    Ahhhhh you did it YOURSELF????? Omg! Ok I'll bring him to the vet next week hopefully they can take him on short notice!!!
    LOL Yes i do most of everything myself......Anal glands is not my fave thing to do. When i use to do my shih tzu I would bout throw up. But the bullies aren't as strong smelling yet and i do it when I bath them so there is water in the tub and when that nasty stuff hits the water i think it takes the smell with it! It really isn't that hard or gross to do yourself. But many have their vets do it! Last night was the first time i had done gracies. I have had all male dogs and i had tried to do hers when everyone suggested thats what her issue was but I couldn't get anything out. So when I gave her a bath last night I tried to do her and I couldn't get any and my mom was like well then why is she sliding her butt again. I was kinda clueless but then tried again.... Then I got it....I guess on the females is is a little different than the males....at least our bullies are lol. For Gracie I had to have a wider squeeze and Coop his is right around his bum hole! I know this is so gross...... But hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do! lol

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes was going to say maybe needs anal glands need expressed. But miila has allergies and doors that little scoot for no apparent reason. I Just figure it is allergies. The season is getting to her for sure.if an allergy could be food or seasonal.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Usko is that age too and has been emptying his glands maybe for about 4 months. His poo was always soft before we started feeding him raw at 7 months. After that the poos been solid and most of the times the glands empty when he has to strain to do his business. The problem with emptying the glands for them is that there is a chance you will have to do it your self or let the vet do it for the rest of his life. The good thing about that is that you know when the glands get emptied, cause the other time Usko has emptied his glands is next to me relaxing on the floor....you know when it happens

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

Maybe try drying all up under and around his Tail and using some Gold Bond powder and see of that helps
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

are you using alcohol-free and scent-free wipes?
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn
    Likes (Received)

I am. It's in his butt that's really red that he's trying to get. Bringing him to vet tomorrow I'll post what it is when I find out!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Hope all goes well
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

We will keep him in our thoughts

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TomnZon View Post
    I am. It's in his butt that's really red that he's trying to get. Bringing him to vet tomorrow I'll post what it is when I find out!
    Please let us know what you found out. It will help someone else.

My Mable used to "break dance" like that. She had no tail pocket to clean but the area under the tail where tail meets butt used to get dry and itchy. Constant break dancing - like you've described - made it raw and bleed once. Once I figured out the problem, I cleaned the entire UNDER TAIL daily with a baby wipe and put an anti-itch cream under there, right in the crack, and rubbed in real good. She used to love the "tail spa" treatment. Solved.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda
    Likes (Received)

Just for the record, Tilda was allergic to the prescription hypoallergenic food. So just because that's is what the vet recommended doesn't mean that it couldn't be the cause. Hopefully you figure it out. We have had no luck with Tilda who does the same thing but she is prone to bacterial infection due to allergies and it does occaisionally affect her tail pocket.

We have seen big improvements after trying a bunch of foods eventually settling on Fromm's Grain Free Beef Fritatta

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESnJACLYN View Post
    Just for the record, Tilda was allergic to the prescription hypoallergenic food. So just because that's is what the vet recommended doesn't mean that it couldn't be the cause. Hopefully you figure it out. We have had no luck with Tilda who does the same thing but she is prone to bacterial infection due to allergies and it does occaisionally affect her tail pocket.

We have seen big improvements after trying a bunch of foods eventually settling on Fromm's Grain Free Beef Fritatta
    great point... we had a similar issue with Banks -- the potato in the limited diet food was adding to her yeast issues. We went to raw and her coliatis developed and now we are also on the Fromm beef Frittata -- great results.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys! Problem solved! It was the anal glands or sacs whatever you wanna call em! He checked his tail pocket first (it's sooo deep!) and it was fine. Next step was to go up the butt and he said they were super full. Now Brooklyn is all better we are switching him to Fromm beef frittata very soon hopefully he does well with it! Again, thanks for all your advice and caring hearts!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads