Wilderness Bullly

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
there's nothing quite like witnessing a bully run free through the wilderness....awesome!

OP
RyanT

RyanT

Jan 12, 2012
Portland
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Nope, no boots. It is usually just barely cold enough for snow here ~30 F. She does roll around on her back too as someone mentioned!

I'm more worried about the summer heat as I know that can be a problem. Maybe just bring a water sprayer/squirt gun and avoid really hot days? Any tips?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There are collars and harness that you freeze and place on the dog to help keep them cool -- check Amazon or Google it

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Just thought I'd post a pic of Izzy. She loves going for hikes, probably most of all meeting the people and other dogs on the trail. Anyways, here's a pic from last weekend:

View attachment 19153
man that looks cold are they OK in the snow? I have a puppy and I was wondering about the cold for them I know heat is bad but what about cold is there a limit where you have to put a sweater and booties on them lol.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Nope, no boots. It is usually just barely cold enough for snow here ~30 F. She does roll around on her back too as someone mentioned!

I'm more worried about the summer heat as I know that can be a problem. Maybe just bring a water sprayer/squirt gun and avoid really hot days? Any tips?

On super hot days (the two we had last summer. ugh.) we hike in a shaded area that has a creek (McCollum Park, if you're ever up this way). Over heated bullies is absolutely a concern to be concerned with! If they are starting to pant a bit, we just all take a dip in the creek. I let them go in chest deep for best cooling action. They love it.

OP
RyanT

RyanT

Jan 12, 2012
Portland
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Vicaroo, good idea! We ususally do the same thing on one of the two hat days anyways (take a dip).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.