Giardia seems to be popular...

TwoBullies

Jan 16, 2012
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia & Jake
Jake's stools been a bit soft (not really diarrhea) for a few days now, so I had it analyzed this afternoon because I'm paranoid lol. Good thing I am though, because the little man has Giardia. Hopefully it doesn't get as bad as the other poor pups on here. But his appetite is great and he seems to be doing good (still playing with our other bully). He's even keeping his "full-figure". I'm about to leave work and pick up his meds...so I'm unsure of what they're prescribing.

We puppy-sat for a couple this past week, which may have lead to the parasite. But I'm not certain...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wipe everything down ..... it is highly contagious and humans can get it. I speak from experience!!! I caught it off Daddy when we brought him home from the rescue. I would rather go through child birth with no pain killers than have to experience that pain EVER again!!!! :down:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he gets well soon.

OP
TwoBullies

TwoBullies

Jan 16, 2012
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia & Jake
Thanks everyone, he'll be getting his second dose of Procur tonight. [MENTION=4450]Lily122511[/MENTION] Hopefully Lily gets rid of it with the first set of medication. :D

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] Oh no, sorry to hear that you had to experience that yourself! I have been told that I'm "borderline OCD" from my friends so cleaning is the easy part for me. Hopefully I've killed off all of the eggs and my other bully doesn't get it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wipe everything down ..... it is highly contagious and humans can get it. I speak from experience!!! I caught it off Daddy when we brought him home from the rescue. I would rather go through child birth with no pain killers than have to experience that pain EVER again!!!! :down:

HOLY CRAP. :cursing: I'm going back to read my "don't drink the puddles" post a third or fourth time. Ack.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I hope he gets better soon..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.