Shameless bragging ;)

Mugmug

Jul 6, 2011
Miami, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy, Baby (RIP), & Romeo
Hello everyone! I had to make a post to share how proud i am of Mugsy. I have come to the conclusion, that this little boy will never be able to run away from home. Last night, we went out for our normal walk before bed. As Mugsy "watered" the grass, we both spotted a cat laying on the sidewalk staring at him. (He LOVES chasing cats)...so he stared back, finished his pee, took a step forward and started kicking (like he always does). At that moment, the cat bolted and Mugsy took off after it. He pulled the leash so hard that he busted it and freed himself.

You know that moment where you feel like you have no control? I stood there for a second and thought, "oh man...im going to have to chase after him".

Mugsy took 2 steps and realized he was no longer on the leash, turned to me, lowered his head as to say "put the leash on so you don't get lost!". After I secured his leash it was off to the races. Running around cars, sniffing near bushes trying to find this cat.

His reward for being such a good boy was a brand new memory foam bed so he could sleep next to his mom and dad in comfort.:yes:

Anyone else have any stories like this?

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Good boy, Mugsy!

I dont have a story like that but I do take Watson into the woods and he goes off leash. He will explore on his own but he always has an eye on where I am so that he stays close to me. Of course with his coloring he blends in well with the environment but he will come when I call him.

He will see squirrels but doesn't chase them. He looks for old turd and tries to eat them.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
You are so lucky Mugsy is there to look out for your well being! There is no telling where you would have wondered off to.

I'm very jealous! Rook once pulled out of his collar while my husband was walking him, I was a few steps behind and he slipped by me and started running for his favorite street... a very busy street that I avoid with Rook, but he loves because it has a lot of people and of course lots of traffic. I ended up chasing and tackling him just before he made it to the street corner, much to the amusement of all the people who were just standing there watching me run and scream my dogs name like a crazy woman. Rook thought it was great fun... his reward was a brand new harness.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Mugsy is such a smart boy! Usko has gotten of his lead a few times and my strategy is to walk away from him not to chase him. When he sees me going away he runs to me "like the wind". That is almost funny.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good boy, Mugsy!

I dont have a story like that but I do take Watson into the woods and he goes off leash. He will explore on his own but he always has an eye on where I am so that he stays close to me. Of course with his coloring he blends in well with the environment but he will come when I call him.

He will see squirrels but doesn't chase them. He looks for old turd and tries to eat them.

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] - another turd burglar! :laugh: Go WATSON!

[MENTION=2709]Mugmug[/MENTION] - you have yourself a super smart boy there. Don't ever let him figure out he can move without that leash on. hahahahaha!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Hahah, great story! He knew something didnt feel right, what a goodboy he is! My dogs are naughty, they would have made me chase them :devil:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Mugsy loves his mommy... :heart: ,,,,, doesn't want her to get lost. ;)

OP
Mugmug

Mugmug

Jul 6, 2011
Miami, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy, Baby (RIP), & Romeo
Here are a couple of pictures of Mugsy in his new bed.
IMG_20120329_014728.jpg
IMG_20120329_103539.jpg

He always has to be either touching/leaning/spooning or cuddling his Spongebob.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
[MENTION=2709]Mugmug[/MENTION] Mugsy's new bed looks so comfy

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] :angry: :goodone::bravo:................:j/k::happydance:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What a good boy!!!! Maggie would never have attempted to run ... (ladies don't run). Daddy would have been 5 miles down the road before I could blink. AND Linus ... not sure ... he's a puppy so he might run but he's a bit of a Mummy's boy too so not sure how far he would have gone without me!??

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.