AKC not in hand yet

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Hello everyone, its been a few weeks since I have been on. I had a thread about this last time I was on here, Let me start out by saying that I had purchased a puppy in December of 2011 (wrigley), upon purchase I received a health guarantee and and sales contract. I have that form here and signed by her that day. Now my biggest concern is the AKC papers, she had promise us that she would register the litter after one month and have the application sent to me so I can register the litter with AKC. Well it has been 6 months now. Long story short I emailed her 100 times or more she changed her # so I went to her website and got a home phone number off there, still no response. I spoke with AKC they have not heard from her or the litter with the info she gave me on the male pedigree. So I called the animal police control where she is from, thankfully they knew of her, they went down and questioned her about everything on whats been going on. Today finally I get a response, saying that it will take a while AKC is processing the papers. So hopefully, with fingers crossed that I will receive them.. Any thoughts on this??? I didn't want to go this route but felt that 6 months of waiting was long enough, Good thing that WRIGLEY is real healthy and doesn't have any problems in health otherwise without no contact with the breeder it was very difficult. I have a few important questions for you guys..

1. She says that AKC papers are given after proof of neutering? Is this a AKC requirement?
2. Am I the one suppose to register the puppy after she registers the litter? And what kind of application will she be send to me?
3. In the contract there is a slot of full AKC registration and Limited Registration, she has the limited registration on here what is the difference?
4. How do I know if I have the correct reg numbers or will AKC give me all of that? again I thank everyone for your advice and support.

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
If nuetering was in the purchase aggreement you had with her then she could hold the papers until proof was given. AKC does not require nuetering. Limited registration means if you breed your dog the puppies will not be able to be AKC registered. Once she registers the litter she will get a form she has to sign and fill out. This form should then be given to you to turn into AKC and choose his name and pay for his registration. Hope this helps a little. You can go to AKC website and they have a Helpful page on question re: registering a puppy.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wow. I'm glad you stayed on this woman. It really says a lot that her local animal control "knows of her". Not good. Be happy and grateful you got a healthy pup. Buying puppies from pet stores and flakey jakes like this gal is usually a recipe for heartache. I'm so so glad your Wrigley is happy and healthy!

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=4494]Bulldoggie371[/MENTION] thank you for your info I appreciate it

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] yes, well they said that hey never had a problem with her she is a licensed breeder, so hopefully things will start to look better, I'm just in a tough spot because all this time I was contacting her and finally after all this I get a respond, with that being said Wrigley is only 6 months and not neutered yet, I want to wait longer but if she gets the paper soon what do I do? With him not being nuetered yet, just of the fact that I feel he is a little on the young side and I want him to fully develop, he is a big boy now

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
The Cascade Bulldog Rescue/Rehome vet told me to "wait as long as you can stand it" when we were discussing Bo's neuter. If you entered into an agreement with this breeder that you'd neuter PRIOR to getting his AKC papers, then just wait as long as you want, right? Then she sends the papers. The papers don't mean anything anyway -they're just papers - unless you're planning on breeding yourself - which I would advise against.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes the papers are just that. Yeah I suppose it is nice to see what yo are paying for, but that is it mostly. I still need to submit Miilas papers actually, I have forgotten. So I say wait to neuter until you are ready and make sure you have a good bully knowledgeable vet. Then when you neuter hopefully this breeder will come thru and give the papers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.