Puppy Mange.. Tear Stains.. Allergies.. Finally, i feel like we belong to the club now!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
We took Molly to the vet yesterday to have her watery eyes looked at and possibly an allergy test done. While we where there the vet found a small spot on her neck that we though was a scratch. (she's been going nuts running through the bushes in the back yard now that the snow as melted).

The vet did a scrape test and sure enough... Puppy Mange!

He said her eyes looked fine and the tears/staining could be caused by teething. He couldn't see any other signs of allergies so he wants to wait a bit before we do any tests.

The vet assured us she is supper healthy and everything we are seeing is common in her breed. To prove it he showed us the pictures of the new boat he bought with the money he plans on charging us over the next 12 years :ROFL:.

We left with a big bag of medicine and wipes.

I was a little worried. I thought maybe there was something wrong with her. Maybe the breeder lied to us and she wasn't a purebred puppy (maybe she forged the AKC papers). worst of all, I was thinking we paid 4 months of pet insurance for nothing... BUT SHE'S OFFICIALLY IN THE BULLDOG CLUB NOW!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Welcome to the club! I just started a special savings account for my dogs.... Most of the people in my life shake their heads at the expense of my dogs but they don't realize you just can't put a price on what they give to us....now a a vet, on the other hand, has no problem naming a price....
Glad its just the normal puppy, bulldog issues and she's doing well.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad she is doing well, and love your avatar, she is a cutie.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Molly is 100% English Bulldog and you are 100% Good Puppy Pawrent.
Afterall, what's a little demodex mange between friends?

WELCOME ABOARD.

Oh and that Vet's boat? Good for you for buying insurance. I've had both these pups on Trupanion since they came thru the door. It's been two years for Bea and one year for Bo and I've not had to file a claim yet - and I'm grateful. My past experience says that when one of these guys "breaks" it's MAJOR! Not having to worry is worth it's weight in gold......

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope Molly has a quick healing ...... and, well, welcome to the bully health club

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
3f730a86.jpg

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
None of the 'issues' seem to have any affect on her... she's still a totally crazy and active puppy.

Now i get to search the forum looking for ways to remove the tear staining.. :cursing:

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
love your avatar, she is a cutie.

She has actually made me some money with that picture (and a few others) :D

My wife posted a few of the pictures I've taken of her on facebook and now people are paying me to do 'Pet Photography' for them. She even won a 'Hottest Dog' contest :tongue:.

Good thing my other dog isn't allowed on the internet... I've been taking pictures of her for 8 years and she never wins anything. I don't want to give her a complex :laugh:.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's too cool, but you better hope the other dog doesn't find out. :ROFL:

Most Reactions

Members online