The mini dog whisperer!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION]...You know it's a good lesson for your daughters to be firm as well as pleasing. It will come in handy when dealing with stubborn and opinionated people like well you know :bang: heehee!

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]...You do know poodles are one of the most intelligent and loyal dogs don't you? ...and they don't shed so they are a good choice for people with allergies. Although 20% of poodles can have allergies themselves but that's still got to be lower than bullies ...and poodles are less likely to chew on your FURNITURE!!!! :secret: [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION], I hope I'm right.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
@acarabias...You know it's a good lesson for your daughters to be firm as well as pleasing. It will come in handy when dealing with stubborn and opinionated people like well you know :bang: heehee!

@JAKEISGREAT...You do know poodles are one of the most intelligent and loyal dogs don't you? ...and they don't shed so they are a good choice for people with allergies. Although 20% of poodles can have allergies themselves but that's still got to be lower than bullies ...and poodles are less likely to chew on your FURNITURE!!!! :secret: @acarabias, I hope I'm right.
yes you are right, that little poodle is very sweet and calm. She is my college companion so she's got a special place in my heart. They only accepted dogs under 20lbs at the apartments so a bulldog was out of the question, even though I wanted one. I ended up getting these from a friend whose dog had pups. Frida and Diego have been very healthy and do not shed, they don't have allergies either. They are 10 years old. I wish they got along with Aldo and Katara though.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@acarabias...You know it's a good lesson for your daughters to be firm as well as pleasing. It will come in handy when dealing with stubborn and opinionated people like well you know :bang: heehee!

@JAKEISGREAT...You do know poodles are one of the most intelligent and loyal dogs don't you? ...and they don't shed so they are a good choice for people with allergies. Although 20% of poodles can have allergies themselves but that's still got to be lower than bullies ...and poodles are less likely to chew on your FURNITURE!!!! :secret: @acarabias, I hope I'm right.

:yes: you are right..they just make my skin crawl! Especially the huge suckers! :barf:.. Did you know there are more Poodle bites thn any other dog each year..but they don't do the physical damage of other more notorious breeds. (I saw this at my vets in a magazine) I know lots of peeps love their poodles..just not MOI! :D

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
:yes: you are right..they just make my skin crawl! Especially the huge suckers! :barf:.. Did you know there are more Poodle bites thn any other dog each year..but they don't do the physical damage of other more notorious breeds. (I saw this at my vets in a magazine) I know lots of peeps love their poodles..just not MOI! :D
I do love my poodles, especially little Frida, but they are no bulldogs I give you that much. They lack personality from my point of view, they don't want to please like a bulldog does and they are more selfish. They are very very smart. My Diego has an obsession with the kids toys, I don't know how he does it but he manages to get them without anybody noticing and collects them under my grandma's bed. Aldo wants to collect toys too, but he is too obvious in his search for toys.. Grabs them with his big mouth, it slips out on the first try, gets it on the second try, now, he runs as fast as he can to the backyard knocking furniture and stuff along the way..now Katara is in for it and they both run in circles, until I go behind them and say "leave it" and they look at me and just let it slide out of their mouth! :luv: and he still acts like he doesn't understand how I noticed. Love them!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]...My husband has a tremendous dislike of Dobies :unsure: because he use to be a mail carrier and they could be on him in an instant but he carried dog repellant so that is what saved him. My entire childhood we had a menagerie of dogs and cats, chickens, pigeons, guinea pigs and even ducks. My first pet when I was a child was a German Shepherd (Duke) and he was taken away by animal control because a child stuck his hand in through the chain link fence and he bit him, it was minor but nevertheless my mother didn't want to take any chances and she was a single mother with seven kids. Other than that I don't recall any of our dogs biting us or anyone else. Couldn't find poodles on the top ten of dogs most likely to attack but I did find a small article stating the reason poodles bite is because they are so fluffy and cute people tend to want to pet or touch them in a way they find undesirable but because of their intelligence they can be trained to stop that bad behavior. :ohwell:

[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION]...That's such a funny visual. Aldo trying to get away stealth-fully and yet like a bull in a china shop crashing into everything along the way! :ROFL: If it were BabyGirl she would be prancing about showing off her new found treasure and then running away from the boys as soon as they catch on she had something precious.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
@JAKEISGREAT...My husband has a tremendous dislike of Dobies :unsure: because he use to be a mail carrier and they could be on him in an instant but he carried dog repellant so that is what saved him. My entire childhood we had a menagerie of dogs and cats, chickens, pigeons, guinea pigs and even ducks. My first pet when I was a child was a German Shepherd (Duke) and he was taken away by animal control because a child stuck his hand in through the chain link fence and he bit him, it was minor but nevertheless my mother didn't want to take any chances and she was a single mother with seven kids. Other than that I don't recall any of our dogs biting us or anyone else. Couldn't find poodles on the top ten of dogs most likely to attack but I did find a small article stating the reason poodles bite is because they are so fluffy and cute people tend to want to pet or touch them in a way they find undesirable but because of their intelligence they can be trained to stop that bad behavior. :ohwell:

@acarabias...That's such a funny visual. Aldo trying to get away stealth-fully and yet like a bull in a china shop crashing into everything along the way! :ROFL: If it were BabyGirl she would be prancing about showing off her new found treasure and then running away from the boys as soon as they catch on she had something precious.
Lol! That's cuz babyGirl has the elegance/intelligence of a poodle and the cuteness loveability of a bulldog! She has it made in life! :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT...My husband has a tremendous dislike of Dobies :unsure: because he use to be a mail carrier and they could be on him in an instant but he carried dog repellant so that is what saved him. My entire childhood we had a menagerie of dogs and cats, chickens, pigeons, guinea pigs and even ducks. My first pet when I was a child was a German Shepherd (Duke) and he was taken away by animal control because a child stuck his hand in through the chain link fence and he bit him, it was minor but nevertheless my mother didn't want to take any chances and she was a single mother with seven kids. Other than that I don't recall any of our dogs biting us or anyone else. Couldn't find poodles on the top ten of dogs most likely to attack but I did find a small article stating the reason poodles bite is because they are so fluffy and cute people tend to want to pet or touch them in a way they find undesirable but because of their intelligence they can be trained to stop that bad behavior. :ohwell:

@acarabias...That's such a funny visual. Aldo trying to get away stealth-fully and yet like a bull in a china shop crashing into everything along the way! :ROFL: If it were BabyGirl she would be prancing about showing off her new found treasure and then running away from the boys as soon as they catch on she had something precious.

:ohmy: see..and Dobies are one of our favorites! Guess that's why The Big Guy made tons of different kinds of dogs to choose from! :ROFL: I don't think the poodles were on the list to attack..just amount of bites..probably by emergency room standards. Ya..I think little dogs don't get the bad rep because they don't do the great harm the strong breeds can do. My in laws always had poodles and they were perfect dogs for them. I think I live Bully's..Rotties and Dobies the most..but most of ours have been Heinz 57... And that's perfect too! :up:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Awww, how awesome! Love the pictures. :)

I don't really have a problem with Poodles. The most nippy dog breed in my opinion is Chihuahuas. I am CONSTANTLY getting bit by them at work. Blah!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.