Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The mini dog whisperer!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The mini dog whisperer!

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    @JAKEISGREAT...My husband has a tremendous dislike of Dobies because he use to be a mail carrier and they could be on him in an instant but he carried dog repellant so that is what saved him. My entire childhood we had a menagerie of dogs and cats, chickens, pigeons, guinea pigs and even ducks. My first pet when I was a child was a German Shepherd (Duke) and he was taken away by animal control because a child stuck his hand in through the chain link fence and he bit him, it was minor but nevertheless my mother didn't want to take any chances and she was a single mother with seven kids. Other than that I don't recall any of our dogs biting us or anyone else. Couldn't find poodles on the top ten of dogs most likely to attack but I did find a small article stating the reason poodles bite is because they are so fluffy and cute people tend to want to pet or touch them in a way they find undesirable but because of their intelligence they can be trained to stop that bad behavior.

@acarabias...That's such a funny visual. Aldo trying to get away stealth-fully and yet like a bull in a china shop crashing into everything along the way! If it were BabyGirl she would be prancing about showing off her new found treasure and then running away from the boys as soon as they catch on she had something precious.
    Lol! That's cuz babyGirl has the elegance/intelligence of a poodle and the cuteness loveability of a bulldog! She has it made in life!

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    @JAKEISGREAT...My husband has a tremendous dislike of Dobies because he use to be a mail carrier and they could be on him in an instant but he carried dog repellant so that is what saved him. My entire childhood we had a menagerie of dogs and cats, chickens, pigeons, guinea pigs and even ducks. My first pet when I was a child was a German Shepherd (Duke) and he was taken away by animal control because a child stuck his hand in through the chain link fence and he bit him, it was minor but nevertheless my mother didn't want to take any chances and she was a single mother with seven kids. Other than that I don't recall any of our dogs biting us or anyone else. Couldn't find poodles on the top ten of dogs most likely to attack but I did find a small article stating the reason poodles bite is because they are so fluffy and cute people tend to want to pet or touch them in a way they find undesirable but because of their intelligence they can be trained to stop that bad behavior.

@acarabias...That's such a funny visual. Aldo trying to get away stealth-fully and yet like a bull in a china shop crashing into everything along the way! If it were BabyGirl she would be prancing about showing off her new found treasure and then running away from the boys as soon as they catch on she had something precious.

see..and Dobies are one of our favorites! Guess that's why The Big Guy made tons of different kinds of dogs to choose from! I don't think the poodles were on the list to attack..just amount of bites..probably by emergency room standards. Ya..I think little dogs don't get the bad rep because they don't do the great harm the strong breeds can do. My in laws always had poodles and they were perfect dogs for them. I think I live Bully's..Rotties and Dobies the most..but most of ours have been Heinz 57... And that's perfect too!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Awww, how awesome! Love the pictures.

I don't really have a problem with Poodles. The most nippy dog breed in my opinion is Chihuahuas. I am CONSTANTLY getting bit by them at work. Blah!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads