How did you decide on your Bullies name?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We let our granddaughter write down any and may I say..EVERY...name she wanted as a "possible" name for our pup! Good thing we had 6 weeks to narrow it down, because she had over 200 names on that list!! :eek: Then we as an extended family whittled that list down to like 50!!!!! Then we voted on it and picked the top 10! In the end..my hubby and I picked Jake! Not on any list but OURS! :laugh: I mean really..democracy ain't all that ya know!!! :ROFL: :ROFL:

C

Cooper11

Mom mom thought of my Brussells Griffens name......his name is ........ Griffen..lol

Cooper my bully didn't have a name for a day or 2 but my older sister mentioned the name Cooper and I liked it.....also my daughter and 2 year old son could pronounce Cooper really good. My daughter was the decider though and she liked the name cooper. It fits him. He was the runt so I use to call him my mini cooper and he gets Called Cooper Pooper quite often or Mr. Cooper!

I had a shih tzu that died in 2008 and he was 12 years old. My parents got him when I was I was younger and he came with me when I moved out. He was my baby! His name was Jake...... We laugh at that because when we got him we all put a name in a hat and Jake was the name my dad picked and we did NOT want that name! My 2 year old sister at the time was the one to pick the name out the hat and she pulled Jake out. We tried to cheat n put it back in quick so she would pick a different name and she picked Jake out 3 times in a row! So that became his name!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Before I met Schultz he was going to be Otto or Oscar ....but he is just such a Schultz ....named for the Hogan's Heroes SGT. Schultz character...whose famous line is "I know nothing, nothing"... Every face he made and still makes seemed to say that line and Schultz is who he is...

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Emmitt bc we are cowboy fans and my husband loves Emmitt Smith. And my shitzhu gizmo bc he looked like the gizmo on gremlins lol.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Our family spent a few days thinking of names... then one day our 10 year old son came home from school and said "How's Molly doing today?". My wife asked who's 'Molly'? and he said "You know... my puppy... Molly"..

and its been Molly ever since.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Bruin is probably obvious....just in case it's not...we both love hockey and the Boston Bruins...plus he looks like a little bear...everyone once in awhile I swear we should have named in buddha, just b/c he likes to sit there and stare off into space as if he's meditating. With Lilly's name...we were going back and forth the whole drive down to PA...Eva, Ivy, Bruta (that one was my idea)...so we gave up and called my boyfriends daughter and said pick a name and that's where Lilly came from.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke == Ray Nitschke, a linebacker from the 1960's Green Bay Packers

Banks === Ernie Banks from the Chicago Cubs

Chelios === Chris Chelios from the Chicago Blackhawks

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson was the name his breeder gave him. We couldn't come up with anything else after trying for weeks, so Wilson it was and it's fitting for him. :)

Emma, well she was Gwynn when we got her and it had a wonderful personal story and I loved it and all but she seemed like she was something else to me. The name Emma was mentioned to me by a co-worker and I was hooked the moment I heard it, I never would have thought of it. :luv:

Now Jack my non-bully, well he was a rescue at 16 weeks old and would you believe they never gave him a name. :( He was horridly skinny, spine was protruding and all his ribs were showing as well as his hips. He's ears were totally messed up (they were folded weird). I told Mike that we would know his name when we heard it. So on our way home with him we swung by Petsmart and 15' from entering to said to Mike, man is ear is all "JACKED" up. I said there you go, his name is JACK!! :up: :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.