How did you decide on your Bullies name?

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
I was just wondering how everyone decided on what to name your Bully.
Did you base it on personality, looks or some other reason?

My dogs names are
Boz: King Bostrom the Hog - he is a rescue so we didn't have a choice but it fits him
Ciara: Morgan's Ciara Rose - I just thought Ciara was a pretty name and it fit with our first Bullie Cheyanne (she passed away at 11 months)
Ciara is the mom of Echo & Aries, we had a mythological theme when naming her litter. Their litter mates were Nyx, Isis and Tryton
Echo: Morgan's Echoes in the Night
Aries: Morgan's Something's in the Air

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Originally, before we even found a breeder, we were supposed to name our puppy Pickles (I don't know why, but it was my husband's dream to have a bulldog named Pickles). We had first pick of the litter, and I think he actually selected us, but he clearly wasn't a Pickles. We thought he either looked like a gangster or royalty. After going through a brunch names we somehow landed on Rook. My husband plays a lot of chess, and somehow Rook just seemed to suit him.

We are saving the name Pickles and a couple of other names we came up with in the process for our future pups. :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby went through several name changes the first 2 days she was here.

She came to us being called Lily. She didn't look like a Lily and she certainly didn't act like a delicate flower lol. My oldest son Jeremy used to have a bulldog and the thing that no one can seem to forget is the smell coming out of Moe all the time :fart: Jr decided we should name her something perfumish. At first we were going to call her Febreeze but my son Jimmy said he'd lock us both out of the house :laugh:. Jr's favorite cologne is by Marc Ekko so Echo was her name for a couple of hours. Then it was CoCo but we decided that was too popular so we switched it to Chanel. She was Chanel for about a day when I started cleaning out my DVR of General Hospital episodes. It was during the time Michael was living with that stripper Abby and she was ALLLL he talked about (I almost quit watching the show over that). Every time the tv said Abby she looked up. We figured she liked the name so we gave it to her :) We changed it up a little and made it Lady Abigail because she was such a princess, but on a daily basis she is our Abby

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
Elli got her name from the male name we were going to give to our bully.

I always wanted an English bully and name him Wellington and a frenchie named Napoleon. Well our puppy choice was a girl and so when told the litter name they said Ellie but it turned out that was her sister. Her name was elva and that was not sticking. So we took Wellington, shaved a few letters off to get miss Elli.

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
We tend to like human names for our pets. I wanted something that either sounded tough or nerdy hahaha. When we got our pup, the choices were Hugo, Stanley, or Howard. Although my 7 year old really wanted to name him Luke Skywalker or Iron Dog lol. My husband really wanted to name him Howard. Since he isn't really a dog person and he seemed so excited about it, I let him pick the name Howard. And it truly fits him - he is all Howard!!!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Watson was the name he was called when I got him from the breeder. It was unique enough and I am a fan of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson so I kept the name :yes:

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Well I always wanted a girl and had two boys. I always said if I had a girl her name would be Tessa. Well I didn't have a skin girl but the next best thing to it was a female EB I named Tess!!! 😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
We tend to like human names for our pets. I wanted something that either sounded tough or nerdy hahaha. When we got our pup, the choices were Hugo, Stanley, or Howard. Although my 7 year old really wanted to name him Luke Skywalker or Iron Dog lol. My husband really wanted to name him Howard. Since he isn't really a dog person and he seemed so excited about it, I let him pick the name Howard. And it truly fits him - he is all Howard!!!

Ditto!! We talked about other human names like Fred (my husband is still whining about that one, lol). Then I said Arnold and of course Schwarzenegger followed!!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Both Bre and Tank came to me prenamed. My first EB who has passed on....came to us with the name "Cuddles" according to his papers...and he was a HE! LOL So we re-named him Jack :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
When baby MACK picked us to be his parents he was a brick with legs--built tough, like a MACK TRUCK!

Ruggles was my father-in-law's middle name and was a perfect fit for Ruggles!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I just kind of came up with Delilah's name. I decided I liked the name and wanted to use it, LOL. I had the name picked out before I took her home. And when I went and got her that day and started calling her Delilah, it just fit. She looks like a Delilah to me :)

I want to eventually get a male named Romeo!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online