Puppy Mill/Backyard Breeders....Please Read!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have been working with a woman who helps stop puppy mills/backyard breeders. I had ran across someone who purchased a english bulldog puppy from the amish in PA. Her puppy was infested with fleas, tapeworm and skin infection. Everything healed and quick recovery but when I heard about this I couldnt let it go! I asked her for the information on the breeder and now have all the information that I needed to go further with shutting them down. They use a website (not sure I can post) to solicite the puppies. The pictures on the site of the dam/sire are not great! They have chin acne and fur missing on face..Just pictures you wouldnt expect a parent to look like. So anyway we have all the beginning information and now are prepparing to move forward with this. We have a total of 10 different people that are selling puppies from their backyard in Lancaster County PA. Before getting Brutus I would never have thought I would spend so much time on him or his breed for that matter..Now I am trying to help in any way that I can. I just want prayers that we get everything we need to have these people shut down and have these animals in loving homes. I was able to save 1 female so far who had 9 litters in her 5 years and never saw the outside of a cage. She was the Amish's income and used her for just breeding. I couldnt walk away and did all my homework and she was taken away with her 3 remaining puppies...Now she is warm in a bed with a loving family, and her babies will go to loving homes...So if I just continue with 1 at a time hopefully I can make a difference for some of these animalsl! If anyone has any information regarding PA amish puppies please contact me as it may help or pertain to this! THank you all!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Bless you for doing this...Be safe sometimes it can get hairy..

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bless you for doing this...Be safe sometimes it can get hairy..

Thats the first thing she said to me! Are you sure your ready for this...I said yes b/c if the bullies can do it so can I....I have some good people that are going to help! Its the least I can do for them! Thanks for your support!

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Good job to you. It takes a lot a power and strength. Keep you in my prayers. 🙏

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
if you need anything let me know.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I'm with you on this. If you go to google and type in puppy report and click the first link you can request a free report containing a plethora of information about the "breeders" including USDA inspection files, adult numbers, litter sizes ect. I'm using the information I got from the report to take the pet store owner I got Dozer from to Civil Court. If you can't find it, click my user name go to threads I started and find the one that says Puppy Report. More info will be there.

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Good luck to you,very admirable thing you're doing to help those poor babies! Wow, I always thought the Amish were upstanding people, apparently they're not :(

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
What an awesome thing!! But it must get frustrating as well. For example, we have a puppymill breeder about an hour away from us that is known for inbreeding. The authorities with local rescue agencies have tried to shut this woman down but she keeps moving around. When I first saw her ad I laughed that anyone would fall for it because of the price but I had done my research. For those unlucky pet buyers that are driven my cost (and believe me I am far from wealthy and every penny counts) instead of quality and love of the breed, they are easily scammed by this woman.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
What an awesome thing!! But it must get frustrating as well. For example, we have a puppymill breeder about an hour away from us that is known for inbreeding. The authorities with local rescue agencies have tried to shut this woman down but she keeps moving around. When I first saw her ad I laughed that anyone would fall for it because of the price but I had done my research. For those unlucky pet buyers that are driven my cost (and believe me I am far from wealthy and every penny counts) instead of quality and love of the breed, they are easily scammed by this woman.

Its been very frustrating for this rescue organization b/c they change names/locations and go under the radar. thats how the amish do it...Its sad the way they think of the animals. Not just the EBD but all the breeds.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Its been very frustrating for this rescue organization b/c they change names/locations and go under the radar. thats how the amish do it...Its sad the way they think of the animals. Not just the EBD but all the breeds.

Kick butt!! Lewis and I went to a puppymill raid out in Lancaster a few years ago.... it was beyond heartbreaking what these poor trusting animals are put through for the almighty dollar :cursing: Prayers and hugs to you and all that are helping. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Kick butt!! Lewis and I went to a puppymill raid out in Lancaster a few years ago.... it was beyond heartbreaking what these poor trusting animals are put through for the almighty dollar :cursing: Prayers and hugs to you and all that are helping. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help

Thank you so much for the prayers as we do need them! There are not nice when they know we are trying to stop them. This will be tough but I know in the end its all worth it! I just need anyone with any info on any amish breeders in the pa area as much info the better! THanks again

C

Cooper11

You Go Girl! :dancing:
Your Amish are naughty!!!! Our Amish around here don't do stuff like that! They build houses and make stuff to sell.....I dunno if I have ever seen any Amish around here selling dogs or cats! Our Amish stick to themselves...are good hard workers and better priced than the average joe, they are drinkers though :cheers: ... You can never not a get a wave from them when you see them...... So funny I saw this the other day when I picked my daughter up from school! I can't remember if I posted it......... Only in Iowa

421191_373353509353590_100000368316435_1240490_193963715_n - Copy.jpg417983_373353926020215_100000368316435_1240491_288639264_n.jpg

This is NOT normal.....And I was not the only person taking pics of her and her little wagon with her little pony! lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.