heat

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
i wish there was a cooling gel pack harness for summer walks...has anyone heard of anything like this, or can anyone make me two of them?

Bulldoggie371

Mar 11, 2012
Willis, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
We used to use a cooling collar type thing when I showed in AKC. You take a "shammy towel" and sew it to make a tube. Put velcro on each end to be able to close it. Then put velcro on each end to be able to secure it onto dogs neck. We used to fill with ice cubes or you can just dunk it in ice water ( we always carried an igloo cooler full of ice to shows) Here are a couple I found online Kool collars, but if you can sew a little bit these are easy to make.

http://www.koolcollar4dogs.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
thanks for the links...but sadly, cannot sew:cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i wish there was a cooling gel pack harness for summer walks...has anyone heard of anything like this, or can anyone make me two of them?

Yes, I've seen/heard of these.... have to remember where and I'll come back and post

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
They r called kool collars. Just google it. Its a collar and u insert a frozen gel pack

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah has an actual cooling harness! I soak it in cold water and then put it on her, and it seems to help her stay cool in the heat of summer! She still pants and gets hot of course and I still don't keep her out for long, but it does seem to help.

I actually got it at Gander Mountain, but I know you could order it online. It's from a company called Ruffwear.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
this is what i want:

a harness that has cooling gel pack around the chest, but also would go somehow around back legs to cool the femoral arteries, which is the quickest way to cool them down. that way, even in extreme heat, they wouldn't be at risk.

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
like maybe a mesh-like thing

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
This one is mesh..it covers her entire back and goes under around her stomach.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea is very sensitive to heat - Bo is more resilient - therefore, summer walks together must be done morning or evening - never ever in the heat of the day. Even when we walk the short daily hike to the off leash area in my complex, I pack a jug of water or must borrow from neighbor's hoses on the way home (which they love). Some of my neighbors even put out bowls of water in the summer. :D

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We got some gel packs that expand when soaked in water and then you can freeze them. We took them to the two outside koi shows we went to last year with HRH with the intent of putting them under her crate mat to cool her. But then it ended up not being hot enough to need them. I have considered trying to sew some in an outfit though to use on really hot days. Just have to find more time and energy.....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.