Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19

Thread: the great escape

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant ollieivy's Avatar
    Posts
    416
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default the great escape

    those naughty little schnuppers ESCAPED last night!!! we had walked with them to the neighbour's for a play date with rex (a morkie, ollie and ivy's personal trainer), and we came back in through the front door not realizing the deck gate was still open, and proceeded to let them out into the yard.

    straight through the deck gate they went, barrelling down the street toward a main street with many cars (ACK!)....well, mama and papa went running after them, and as i was SCREAMING "OLLIE AND IVY!!!!" like a madwoman, all of a sudden a cesar-esque calm descended upon me, and i called them all pretty-like.

    guess what happened? THEY CAME RUNNING HOME!!!!

    i am extraordinarily proud of myself.

    any escape stories?
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

  2. #2
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: the great escape

    Quote Originally Posted by ollieivy View Post
    those naughty little schnuppers ESCAPED last night!!! we had walked with them to the neighbour's for a play date with rex (a morkie, ollie and ivy's personal trainer), and we came back in through the front door not realizing the deck gate was still open, and proceeded to let them out into the yard.

    straight through the deck gate they went, barrelling down the street toward a main street with many cars (ACK!)....well, mama and papa went running after them, and as i was SCREAMING "OLLIE AND IVY!!!!" like a madwoman, all of a sudden a cesar-esque calm descended upon me, and i called them all pretty-like.

    guess what happened? THEY CAME RUNNING HOME!!!!

    i am extraordinarily proud of myself.

    any escape stories?

    YOU should be proud!!!!!! Gracie took off on me once and I screamed my head off at her... She ignored me and kept running til she got tired.. DUH!!!
    Pat yourself on your back, you deserve it.

  3. #3
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: the great escape

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    YOU should be proud!!!!!! Gracie took off on me once and I screamed my head off at her... She ignored me and kept running til she got tired.. DUH!!!
    Pat yourself on your back, you deserve it.
    No way not HRH! She proably thought you were playing tag!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  4. #4
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: the great escape

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    No way not HRH! She proably thought you were playing tag!
    If she thought we were playing tag she would have had me chase myself ...... what happened is that a truck scared her and I wasn't holding onto her leash tight enough and she pulled it out of my hand. Then the banging of the retractible leash on the pavement continued to scare her til she just stopped and sat down and waited for me to catch up.

  5. #5
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: the great escape

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    If she thought we were playing tag she would have had me chase myself ...... what happened is that a truck scared her and I wasn't holding onto her leash tight enough and she pulled it out of my hand. Then the banging of the retractible leash on the pavement continued to scare her til she just stopped and sat down and waited for me to catch up.
    Oh poor Princess! She must have been happy when Daddy caught up to her! It must have been scary I bet

    So you chase yourself around the house for HRH Now thats what I call a good daddy!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  6. #6
    Dog Park Attendant ollieivy's Avatar
    Posts
    416
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: the great escape

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    YOU should be proud!!!!!! Gracie took off on me once and I screamed my head off at her... She ignored me and kept running til she got tired.. DUH!!!
    Pat yourself on your back, you deserve it.
    i actually am proud because i went from 11 to 0 in 10 seconds! plus it's extra scary because ollie likes to charge cars...if he ever got on to the main road...well, let's just leave it at that.
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

  7. #7
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    334
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)
    45

    Default Re: the great escape

    Ohhh that is the absolute worst and scariest feeling!!!! Twice someone has left open our back yard gate and Mr. D wandered out. Both times he was just a few houses down, watering their mailboxes and just chilling. One time fiance went and got him and the other time I did - he was so good too, I just walked over to him and walked him home by the scruff of his neck since we normally don't keep a collar on him. He trotted right back with me. Thank god we don't live on a busy street though, OMG!!
    Glad Oliver and Ivy were good and came home - once again, goes to show our babies ain't dumb. Hehehe.

  8. #8
    Dog Park Attendant ollieivy's Avatar
    Posts
    416
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: the great escape

    Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    Glad Oliver and Ivy were good and came home - once again, goes to show our babies ain't dumb. Hehehe.
    well, if we're going to be honest, charging cars is not the MOST intelligent thing a dog can do...but what he lacks in IQ he more than makes up for in good looks and personality!
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

  9. #9
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    334
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)
    45

    Default Re: the great escape

    Erm, yah, very true, I wasn't thinking about the charging cars part, lol!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: the great escape

    LOL Coop has had his adventures around the neighbors yards and I will yell at him to get back here and he totally ignores me. I will act all nicey nice and say "Come On Cooper baby you such a good boy come here.....good boy Coop now come her...I will make kissing sounds and pat my leg! ............... I still get ignored. I use to be able to bribe him with treats but that doesn't work so much anymore especially if Both Gracie and Coop are outside. They think when they are together they run the neighborhood and can go where they want whenever they want and don't have to listen to a word we say! Although I may be the lucky one because Coop really doesn't run from me when I go after him. I just hate having to walk my butt across 4 yards trying to dart and then if I forget the leash I either am carrying him back or I am bent over walking with him pulling him by the harness! But yeah Coop doesn't care if your yelling bloody murder or if you act all nice and sweet!

  11. #11
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,247
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: the great escape

    Good job for thinking and calling calmly, it's hard to do when they are running toward a busy street. I'm not sure I would have thought of that. great job mama.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  12. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,203
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11539

    Default Re: the great escape

    YIKES!!! Great job mama ---
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •