the great escape

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
those naughty little schnuppers ESCAPED last night!!!:scared: we had walked with them to the neighbour's for a play date with rex (a morkie, ollie and ivy's personal trainer), and we came back in through the front door not realizing the deck gate was still open, and proceeded to let them out into the yard.

straight through the deck gate they went, barrelling down the street toward a main street with many cars (ACK!)....well, mama and papa went running after them, and as i was SCREAMING "OLLIE AND IVY!!!!":cursing: like a madwoman, all of a sudden a cesar-esque calm descended upon me, and i called them all pretty-like.:cool:

guess what happened? THEY CAME RUNNING HOME!!!!:jumping:

i am extraordinarily proud of myself.

any escape stories?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
those naughty little schnuppers ESCAPED last night!!!:scared: we had walked with them to the neighbour's for a play date with rex (a morkie, ollie and ivy's personal trainer), and we came back in through the front door not realizing the deck gate was still open, and proceeded to let them out into the yard.

straight through the deck gate they went, barrelling down the street toward a main street with many cars (ACK!)....well, mama and papa went running after them, and as i was SCREAMING "OLLIE AND IVY!!!!":cursing: like a madwoman, all of a sudden a cesar-esque calm descended upon me, and i called them all pretty-like.:cool:

guess what happened? THEY CAME RUNNING HOME!!!!:jumping:

i am extraordinarily proud of myself.

any escape stories?

YOU should be proud!!!!!! Gracie took off on me once and I screamed my head off at her... She ignored me and kept running til she got tired.. DUH!!!
Pat yourself on your back, you deserve it. :hug:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
YOU should be proud!!!!!! Gracie took off on me once and I screamed my head off at her... She ignored me and kept running til she got tired.. DUH!!!

No way not HRH! She proably thought you were playing tag! :bang:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
No way not HRH! She proably thought you were playing tag! :bang:

If she thought we were playing tag she would have had me chase myself ...... what happened is that a truck scared her and I wasn't holding onto her leash tight enough and she pulled it out of my hand. Then the banging of the retractible leash on the pavement continued to scare her til she just stopped and sat down and waited for me to catch up.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
If she thought we were playing tag she would have had me chase myself ...... what happened is that a truck scared her and I wasn't holding onto her leash tight enough and she pulled it out of my hand. Then the banging of the retractible leash on the pavement continued to scare her til she just stopped and sat down and waited for me to catch up.

Oh poor Princess! She must have been happy when Daddy caught up to her! It must have been scary I bet

:laugh: So you chase yourself around the house for HRH Now thats what I call a good daddy! :lol:

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire

i actually am proud because i went from 11 to 0 in 10 seconds! plus it's extra scary because ollie likes to charge cars...if he ever got on to the main road...well, let's just leave it at that.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Ohhh that is the absolute worst and scariest feeling!!!! Twice someone has left open our back yard gate and Mr. D wandered out. Both times he was just a few houses down, watering their mailboxes :lol: and just chilling. One time fiance went and got him and the other time I did - he was so good too, I just walked over to him and walked him home by the scruff of his neck since we normally don't keep a collar on him. He trotted right back with me. Thank god we don't live on a busy street though, OMG!!
Glad Oliver and Ivy were good and came home - once again, goes to show our babies ain't dumb. Hehehe.

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Glad Oliver and Ivy were good and came home - once again, goes to show our babies ain't dumb. Hehehe.

well, if we're going to be honest, charging cars is not the MOST intelligent thing a dog can do...but what he lacks in IQ he more than makes up for in good looks and personality!:ROFL:

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Erm, yah, very true, I wasn't thinking about the charging cars part, lol!!!!!!!

C

Cooper11

LOL Coop has had his adventures around the neighbors yards and I will yell at him to get back here and he totally ignores me. I will act all nicey nice and say "Come On Cooper baby you such a good boy come here.....good boy Coop now come her...I will make kissing sounds and pat my leg! :blink: ............... I still get ignored. I use to be able to bribe him with treats but that doesn't work so much anymore especially if Both Gracie and Coop are outside. They think when they are together they run the neighborhood and can go where they want whenever they want and don't have to listen to a word we say! Although I may be the lucky one because Coop really doesn't run from me when I go after him. I just hate having to walk my butt across 4 yards trying to dart :poo: and then if I forget the leash I either am carrying him back :eek: or I am bent over walking with him pulling him by the harness! But yeah Coop doesn't care if your yelling bloody murder or if you act all nice and sweet!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good job for thinking and calling calmly, it's hard to do when they are running toward a busy street. I'm not sure I would have thought of that. great job mama.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YIKES!!! Great job mama --- :whew:

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Good job for thinking and calling calmly, it's hard to do when they are running toward a busy street. I'm not sure I would have thought of that. great job mama.

that's the thing...i didn't think of it, it just came...(and this is important!) once you acquire knowledge, it goes into you like osmosis or diffusion, and in times of crisis, it is already in you.

i love cesar because he makes being aware of your energy mainstream. something i think i've always known, but haven't had the tools to exercise the skill.

Most Reactions