Cyst of feet and going for walks!?

C

Cooper11

I am waiting on a call back from the vet about Cooper throwing up again (he threw his food up again last night and i know it wasn't caused by eating too fast because i hand fed him) So we are more than likely going to do the scope on his tummy. Anyway I have mentioned that Cooper is getting cysts on his feet and at one point he was limping. I have soaked him in epson salt but they don't seem to be getting any better. I have been trying to take him for a daily walk but could this make his cysts worse? He isn't limping or anything but you all know how dogs hide their pain and I don't want to be taking him for walks if it is going to make his cysts worse! I did skip walking yesterday.

When vet called me back i am going to ask him about the cysts and hopefully we can get in Monday or maybe tomorrow if they are open to look at him for all his issues!

Cooper never had problems and then it seems once he hit 6 months old we get ...... Throwing up, cyst on his feet in between his toes, eye draining horribly on one side, Ectropion, Allergies (food and environmental) he will wake up in the morning with good white color on his face and when he goes out to potty he comes in with a red face, seems like they just keep coming. In 2 weeks he has gotten on these new issues with his health! Ugh!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Cooper is having health problems, I know its hard on you also. :/ Nigel had interdigital cysts and I did notice that walking on hard surfaces irritated them, so we go for walks at the lake where it's pasture land and the ground is soft. :)

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Those cysts are painful and Gunny wouldnt walk or play he hid behind a chair. You can do the sprays , salves , sprays and soaks and their not going to help, after years the only thing that took them away from Gunny was Clindiymicn , other antibotics didnt touch it and I tried everyone that is on the market I even tried 300.00 allergy shots that were useless.I hope you find something soon.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
These are caused by allergies from what I have been reading. Maybe a food switch would hellp out...I know others who had these and once they switched foods they went away and havent come back...maybe your feeding something that they are allergic to. just a thought

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] hey Meg, it is something in the food causing the cyst and tummy issues. I know you said it in another thread, but what is he eating now?

OP
C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 hey Meg, it is something in the food causing the cyst and tummy issues. I know you said it in another thread, but what is he eating now?

he is still on the prescritpion ID gastro bland canned food. Lisa said has a lof of not so good protein but it is the only thing he isn't throwing up daily....what else can I make him other than rice, beef, or chicken?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is still on the prescritpion ID gastro bland canned food. Lisa said has a lof of not so good protein but it is the only thing he isn't throwing up daily....what else can I make him other than rice, beef, or chicken?

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] is making meals for Miss Abby... maybe she has some suggestions.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)

In the other thread [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] mentioned the veggie mash! I Would give that a shot

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@Twice is making meals for Miss Abby... maybe she has some suggestions.

I posted that she might try some vegetables until her Fromm order comes. Coop can't keep throwing up like he is and that canned stuff is crap. The only reason he's probably holding it down is because his body cant figure out wtf it is lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I posted that she might try some vegetables until her Fromm order comes. Coop can't keep throwing up like he is and that canned stuff is crap. The only reason he's probably holding it down is because his body cant figure out wtf it is lol

LMAO.... so freakin true

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My goodness....it seems like there are many threads here about Cooper throwing up. (Or do I keep reading the same one?)

I hope he gets better soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.