Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Okay so today we thought Gio got out and I thought I was going to be posting in the Missing Bullies section! After my shower I got out and didn't see Gio, he usually lies at the bathroom door waiting for me. When I saw Ms.Diva lying on the couch without Gio there I was surprised again that they weren't together. I checked my whole house and he was no where, while frantically checking my house I didn't check one of the bedrooms upstairs because the door was shut completely (this door needs to be slammed shut or needs someone to turn the knob). I thought that somehow he might have pushed the front door open, so a nervous wreck I sprint outside screaming his name and checking all around my yard and neighbors yard. Long story short, I am hysterically crying thinking the worst (today was 82 degrees outside!!) and after my dad and I looking, my sister leaving work, 6 of my neighbors helping look (some driving around my neighborhood, some walking) and me going to my towns animal shelter to tell them he got out and gave my info and Gios info, my dad decided to check the house once more and he ended up checking the bedroom that the door was closed, and guess who was in there?! Somehow Gio managed to close a door behind him!! The best part was Gio loving all the attention he got from about 10 people, he just thought everyone came over to see him!! Just wanted to share the worst 45 minutes of my life hahaa

C

Cooper11

:ROFL: OMG Funny! This is so something I would do! Good thing you didn't call the po po they might have made you pay for their time...lol....Gio was probably just chilling on the bed thinking this is the life...nice and quiet.....O an I hear mommy yelling for me but I am just to comfy to get up let alone bark! lol.....You have some awesome neighbors that were will to search for gio!

I am kinda embarassed to say this because mine is much worse than your. When Coop was a pup I am thinking like 10 weeks old and he was waking up in the middle of the night I let him out and say down and fell back to sleep. The hubby woke up for work and was like where is Cooper?!?!?! I was like OMG he's no in the kennel. I searched the house running and looked outside and there he was sitting next to the garage door. I felt so bad and thank GOD we had nice weather this year in December! He was still such a baby and I know he was scared cuz he is scared of everything. I even think it might have been raining a little bit and he hated the rain he would scream if I picked him up and took him outside to the grass when it was raining. SO I know how you fell ....my heart dropped and I so thought he ran away or some one found him and took him!

O and just so everyone knows he was only left out there about an hour! He woke up around 5 and the hubby gets up around 6! Thank God it wasn't a weekend. My mom and hubby says he has issue from me leaving him out there and that is why he is such a wimp and afraid of everything...lol......So not true he has been scared of everything since we brought him home! :)

Last edited:
OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] it was the worst feeling in the world! And ya he LOVED the attention, I think he might try to play hide and seek everyday now!! :nonono:

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] I really am lucky to have such great neighbors! Good to know if anything did happen with one of the dogs I have help! And your story is so scary too! Even if for a second you think they are missing, it's heartbreaking!!

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] oh and I bet he was in heaven to get have a room all to himself for a nap! He probably was sick of his frenchie sister trying to play with him!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So glad it turned out the way it did.

I know how you felt but when it happened to me it was my 6 year old son. He decided to go find some kids to play with one day after the neighbor kids he had been playing with went away. He just didn't come and tell me first.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
WHEW! I've had a similar scare last spring with Bea. Fortunately, I have great neighbors too and they mobilized for a massive doggie search and Bea was found. OMG the flips your stomach can do during this time! Ugh. Thank goodness Gio is safe and sound.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I know that fear too. The other day I couldn't find Abby anywhere. Granted it was only 15 minutes before I found out that my mom had taken her for a walk but it was paralyzing.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too scary, glad it turned out OK.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Okay so today we thought Gio got out and I thought I was going to be posting in the Missing Bullies section! After my shower I got out and didn't see Gio, he usually lies at the bathroom door waiting for me. When I saw Ms.Diva lying on the couch without Gio there I was surprised again that they weren't together. I checked my whole house and he was no where, while frantically checking my house I didn't check one of the bedrooms upstairs because the door was shut completely (this door needs to be slammed shut or needs someone to turn the knob). I thought that somehow he might have pushed the front door open, so a nervous wreck I sprint outside screaming his name and checking all around my yard and neighbors yard. Long story short, I am hysterically crying thinking the worst (today was 82 degrees outside!!) and after my dad and I looking, my sister leaving work, 6 of my neighbors helping look (some driving around my neighborhood, some walking) and me going to my towns animal shelter to tell them he got out and gave my info and Gios info, my dad decided to check the house once more and he ended up checking the bedroom that the door was closed, and guess who was in there?! Somehow Gio managed to close a door behind him!! The best part was Gio loving all the attention he got from about 10 people, he just thought everyone came over to see him!! Just wanted to share the worst 45 minutes of my life hahaa

Well so glad everything worked out and he was just taking a nap! I could just imagine how panicked you were...The ending of the story is really sweet b/c he was in la la land not knowing they werent just visiting him they were searching..Glad he was home safe!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] :whew: I was getting panicked readying it. so glad it turned out happy.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
so glad it all turned out, and very funny! but it is SO frightening in those moments...:scared:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.