Vegas's Allergy Test Results

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
FOODS:
White Potato, oat, rice, barley, milk, eggs, pork, chicken, wheat, corn, soy.

Not as bad as I thought. The food I have him on Holistic Meadow Feast will work with him, which I am glad since I don't have to do another food chang

INHALANTS:
Grass, weeds, ragweed, dust, dust mites, trees, mold spores, pollen, feathers, dander, wool. (wonder WHAT kind of dander??)

So I guess he will have to use the toilet and NEVER go outside again. Then again in the bathroom I am positive there is dust and dust mites. I am a very clean person, but everyone has dust.

I am going to have to change my cleaning ways, I am going to buy Free and Clear detergents to wash his bedding and the Vet suggested that I bath him once a week, due to the high pollen count we have right now. We do have a follow up Vet appt. next Friday to see where we go from here. He is still on the lub eye drops.

The results are really not as bad as I thought it was going to be. This is just a tough time of year since everything outside is blooming.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I agree, Kelly, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. BUT, although the list is short it is stuff that is nearly impossible to avoid. Maybe the course of action would be to make him immune to the affect of those items (via shots) rather than trying to avoid the unavoidable.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], we talked about shots, the thing is the vet says it can take up to 6 months for them to take affect. I have googled and read about different methods, and I read alot on the shots not really working.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
@BruceP, we talked about shots, the thing is the vet says it can take up to 6 months for them to take affect. I have googled and read about different methods, and I read alot on the shots not really working.

Really? I know they work for some people! Ask Lari.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Hope everything works out and you can find a solution! It's hard with the outside cause u can't just leave them inside all the time! Hope all goes well! Luv ur Vegas and please give him a squishy kiss from me! :)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.665629,-74.236012

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Glad to see you got your results back! Mr. D is allergic to a lot of fillers to - he is also allergic to potato, barley, oat, alfalfa and borderline corn, but not wheat! My Meadowfeast food should be arriving today and I can't wait! Interesting enough he was not allergic to chicken or pork - but duck and venison. I notice your bully also had orris listed - mine did too, and I wonder if it's in any cleaners we use - we use mostly bleach but also some Lysol products and Soft Scrub.

Our vet also wanted us to try the allergy shots too and it's not that they're that pricey ($300 for about 9 months, and by the end it would be one shot a month) but I think we might see how the food change does first. I'd like to hear from Lari too, because 2 people here said they saw no difference when using the shots for a year.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Im sort of new here but is it typical to have a bulldog that is allergic to that many things? Just want to know what I might be in store for when Dozer ages.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Kelly! These allergy results are always so interesting. I'm also surprised how short it is..but like Bruce says..hard...To avoid most of the environmental ones! Glad your food choice still works! I know people who have gone the shot route with great success, unfortunately, I'm not sure how that would translate to Vegas! :hug:

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Im sort of new here but is it typical to have a bulldog that is allergic to that many things? Just want to know what I might be in store for when Dozer ages.

Bullies are prone to having allergies..... MANY are food allergies. Once the right food for your particular dog is found it can have a profound difference on the bullies life.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, that is very interesting! So nice to know the foods anyhow so you dont have to guess all the time. The pollen and dust is a toughy tho.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Vegas, but at least you know what he is allergic too, but like Bruce said it's going to be hard to avoid. Give him a hug from us.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Just curious [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]. I asked about allergy testing. He's says there are different ways to go about it. Which did you choose? Did u go to a doggie dermatologist? Blood and skin tests?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] at least now you know, but how to prevent coming in contact with the environmental allergens is pretty impossible. I have used TIDE free and clear for years and have found that I need to use a second rinse cycle or I get allergy eyes myself. Give Vegas a big hug for me!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online