Vegas's Allergy Test Results

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
FOODS:
White Potato, oat, rice, barley, milk, eggs, pork, chicken, wheat, corn, soy.

Not as bad as I thought. The food I have him on Holistic Meadow Feast will work with him, which I am glad since I don't have to do another food chang

INHALANTS:
Grass, weeds, ragweed, dust, dust mites, trees, mold spores, pollen, feathers, dander, wool. (wonder WHAT kind of dander??)

So I guess he will have to use the toilet and NEVER go outside again. Then again in the bathroom I am positive there is dust and dust mites. I am a very clean person, but everyone has dust.

I am going to have to change my cleaning ways, I am going to buy Free and Clear detergents to wash his bedding and the Vet suggested that I bath him once a week, due to the high pollen count we have right now. We do have a follow up Vet appt. next Friday to see where we go from here. He is still on the lub eye drops.

The results are really not as bad as I thought it was going to be. This is just a tough time of year since everything outside is blooming.

WOW... he is Banks and Nitshcke rolled into one! We did the shots for Ntischke for over a year === waste of money. Nothing helped, but Benedryl 100 mgs a day

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]
I'm interested in knowing what tests you had done also.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It's not going to be easy, but before you were trying to treat him "in the dark" and at least now you know what you are fighting!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I can only relate human experience with allergy shots. I took them for 5 years. I had DRAMATIC improvement.

I used to end up ill every fall to the point of hospitalization because of allergy induced asthma. then had bronchitis every winter because my resistance was so low. I had to have steroid injections ultimately to control the asthma with all the miserable weight gain as a side effect.

But because of the desensitization shots I haven't had a severe attack or bronchitis in over 12 years now. I still experience VERY mild allergy symptoms and some sinus symptoms in the fall. But they are so mild that I rarely ever take more than a Sudafed.

Oh and I think when they talk about dander that's usually in reference to cats. And the last time i was around a cat with it i still felt symptoms, so the desensitization didnt work for that particular dander. Although my son had a guinea pig that had it too. I haven't been exposed to any cat dander lately though.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So your dog is allergic to dogs? :ROFL:

:eek:
I can only relate human experience with allergy shots. I took them for 5 years. I had DRAMATIC improvement.

I used to end up ill every fall to the point of hospitalization because of allergy induced asthma. then had bronchitis every winter because my resistance was so low. I had to have steroid injections ultimately to control the asthma with all the miserable weight gain as a side effect.

But because of the desensitization shots I haven't had a severe attack or bronchitis in over 12 years now. I still experience VERY mild allergy symptoms and some sinus symptoms in the fall. But they are so mild that I rarely ever take more than a Sudafed.

Oh and I think when they talk about dander that's usually in reference to cats. And the last time i was around a cat with it i still felt symptoms, so the desensitization didnt work for that particular dander. Although my son had a guinea pig that had it too. I haven't been exposed to any cat dander lately though.

We have a Bully in our neighborhood that is actually allergic to HUMAN dander....:bang:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
because of my severe allergies i use free and clear detergents. i also recommend setting your washer on the extra rinse cycle. this will remove the rest of the detergent. also NO fabric sofltener. i can't tell you what that does to me. ohhhhhh i'm miserable when i use it. since i do these it probably help jameson also

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hate to bring this up.... But did Vegas get worse when you got kitty? :(

Members online