Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adopted a 3 year old bulldog and have questions.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Adopted a 3 year old bulldog and have questions.

@jw570, Sorry it took so long to respond! I also applaud you for bringing this girl into your home and giving her a real bullie life. We want nothing more than happy cuddly bullies but sometimes we have to teach them how to be that way. Even though she is 3, she still needs to learn those basics. This will be based on 2 things....trust and patience. She has 3 years of no socialization so it maybe take some time. I would leave her crate open to let her explore at her own comfort level. My foster, Sugar Boo was also 3 when she came to me. She lived her entire life in a cage. She had no idea what affection was, what toys were, she would look at me like "why are you touching me?" try to make her interactions positive....walks are a good bonding exercise. when you praise her...use affection not just treats. Over time that bond will develop. Sugar Boo has been with me almost 11 months now and I wake up to bullie kisses, she seeks affection and I come home to a happy bullie dance. Its taken some time but its soooooo worth it!
    Last edited by NikkiSchoolcraft; 03-27-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads