What is your bullie scared of?

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
What is it with trash bags? Lola is afraid of them too. She bites both the vacuum and the mower tires. [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]....she's also afraid of the wind! Other things are: the hair dryer, laundry baskets, anything you're carrying, anything out of place, and the bin we keep her toys in.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly hates the vacuum.. She isn't so much scared of it as she just has something against it.

She walks sideways (head on) any time she passes it. There are times she'll hold a stare-down contest with it.. And the vacuum always wins (she normally ends up under a table still grumbling under her breath).

What's odd is she doesn't mind when it's turned on... It just if it's standing still, turned off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I love this thread!
Rook is also scared of plastic bags... must be the noise they make when opened, because he will walk up all tough when he sees me emptying the trash but as soon as I flick as bag open he goes running... even if I do it really slow and gentle.
He also hates the vacuum... again, too noisy.
And anything out of place... especially if the neighbor doesn't take in their trash can on garbage day and the wind blows it down the street to some spot it shouldn't be. We have to stand and stare it down for a very long time before we can tip toe around it on our walks.

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
It's so interesting to read how many other bullies don't like things new or things that are "out of place." Goes to show how observant they must be day to day! And people think they aren't smart! :lmao:

C

Cooper11

Coop is seriously the BIGGEST Baby :hissy: He is afraid of everything! And I mean everything! He will run to his kenne or under the bed....well he use to run under the bed, now he just tries to go under but can't seem to squeeze his big butt under there anymore.

His sister Gracie is not afraid of anything although the other night I put a red and blue mat in Coops kennel and Gracie and my mom came over....after about an hour she went towards the kennel and she wa freaking out. Barking growling.....so funny! It is weird how they notice stuff out of place or something out of the ordinary! My neighbor was over too and he slapped the top of the kennel and Gracie barked and then hauled a** to my moms lap with her eye bugging out of her head. She doesn't run much but she sure booked it when he hit the kennel. Then she would come back and growl and bark again at the matt. Thats got Cooper barking and scared...he was looking for whatever she was barking at all anxious and paranoid wanted to run to the bedroom but still wanted to see what it was she was barking at!

When Coop was younger he use to run and scream when he got scared. I brought a laundry basket up and it was in the living room by the chair and he came around the chair and bumped into it...I have never seen a dog run so fast and scream so loud! Scared the poop out of him! He ran under the bed and I went after him...he was breathing so heavy and was so scared. I always get the wimpy dogs! :blink:
Coop is also afraid of
Vaccuum (I'm kinda mean and will somewhat chase him with it cuz it is funny and gracie has started running from it too but my vacuum is loud.
He hates the dark and any noise scares him
he got scared of his food mat the other day cuz I have it hanging on the edge of the deck and he wouldn't go outside because it freaked him out.
Air compressor...neighbor had something built in their yard and I let coop out...they had air compressor on he flew back up the deck and peed himself!
and loud noise
not so much afraid of the broom but he will attack it
Cricket chirping....they are just now coming out and I think keep is wondering where the heck the noise is coming from
balloons
When we go on walks or when he goes for a car ride to a public place when he sees people or other dogs he does this crying whimpering thing! All The Time!
You name it he is pretty much afraid of it! :)
but he cuddles like no other.

Darasue

Feb 7, 2012
Memphis, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Puckingham
We are always calling Puck 'the Biggest Sissy'. He runs and hides from the vacuum (I always have such a hard time spelling that word). Barks and then hi-tails it out of the room and will not come out until you beg him too. I tried to get him to go outside a couple of weeks ago and my shadow on the fence scared him so bad that I could not get him to go out and pee. It was bed time, and he must potty before we could go to bed darn it!
He loves people, he has never been scared of person, unless they are carrying something large or odd looking.
We have not experienced a major thunderstorm yet, I am just waiting to see how he reacts to that. We get some major t-storms here too...

Laura M Velazquez

May 17, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meilyr
My Meilyr is scared of thunder. You guys probably heard about the bad storms in San Antonio, TX. He was barking and I ended up having to sleep with him on the floor with him in walk in closet. Let's just say I didn't sleep well at all. Do you guys have any experience with this and things that help.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
HRH is affectionately referred to as Princess Chicken *****. It would be easier to list what she is not afraid of.

Loud noises are the worst. Sudden movements. Anything moved out of it's normal spot if she has to walk past it.
She is wigging out these days because of the scary breezes coming through the open window in "her room" since it warmed up enough last week to open it. She won't get up on the love-seat alone because one of those breezes might get her.

Oh man too funny! Watch out the wind might get you!

As for my Uni she doesn't like coke boxes, I don't know what it is about them but she will bark and bark get her self all worked up about a stupid red box. Very unlike her she usually doesn't bark or growl. But she is pretty wary about anything new.

frank

Mar 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
frank
Hello all, frank goes crazy when she sees/hears suitcases on wheels, she doesnt like thunder and is terrified by fireworks, as we live in China Chinese new year is a nightmare.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I didn't think Beefy was scared of anything until last night. My GS found one of her old toys lurking under the couch. When you drop the toy it barks at you several times. She loves that thing but Beefy,,,,, not so much. That toy started barking and he froze and growled. The hubs thought it was funny so he dropped it again and Beefy ran for the hills. I found him hiding in his kennel, comforted him and brought him back out. Well, the toy was in the floor still so he hid behind the couch until I hid the toy. I had to give everyone a stern talk and told them that if the toy was brought back out then they were all grounded. I never would have thought that my fearless Beefy would have been afraid of that toy.

Einstein the Great

Jun 14, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
Bulldog(s) Names
Einstein
Einstein hates the vacuum but he's gotten braver because he tries to attack it now. He also freaks out when you open the blinds and the windows. He's not afraid of any people or dogs even the ones that he should be scared of. Although once we went for a walk at the park and this lady with "swishy" pants on came up to us and Einstein was so scared! I guess her pants were pretty noisy ha! Oh I love bulldogs and their corkiness!

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I didn't think Beefy was scared of anything until last night. My GS found one of her old toys lurking under the couch. When you drop the toy it barks at you several times. She loves that thing but Beefy,,,,, not so much. That toy started barking and he froze and growled. The hubs thought it was funny so he dropped it again and Beefy ran for the hills. I found him hiding in his kennel, comforted him and brought him back out. Well, the toy was in the floor still so he hid behind the couch until I hid the toy. I had to give everyone a stern talk and told them that if the toy was brought back out then they were all grounded. I never would have thought that my fearless Beefy would have been afraid of that toy.
:lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.