What is your bullie scared of?

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Our bullie hates anything out of the ordinary. Somehow a plastic bag made its way in our back yard one time and he was going crazy, barking at it but running away from it and acting scared of it. His daddy got a new grill and he stalked it and growled and barked at it too for a few days! He absolutely goes nuts when the sprinklers go on. I can tell he doesn't like the vacuum either but he doesn't bark at it or try to attack it. He absolutely HATES the blow dryer, even on low setting, so I can't blow him dry after baths like I would like to.

He doesn't seem to fear critters though - he is good with the cat, likes to chase birds (big ones too!) and squirrels out of his yard, and even once tried to befriend a baby possum - thank goodness we caught it in time and neither were injured/bitten! (late at night, of course!) And he loves most new people.

What all does your bully act afraid of?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ollie is sometimes skittish. he is concerned if you are carrying anything, from a feather to an anvil. he thinks it may fall on him.:scared:

ivy isn't afraid of anything:nonono:. she just doesn't like some people, but i suppose that could be fear.

Alicia M Kouw

Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey and Louie
Zoey is afraid of lots of things, but most of all is the noise of plastic bags, the vacuum on or off and things that fall and make loud noises. Louie skittish of the plastic bags but not deathly afraid, lol like Zoey.

Neither of them are afraid of people or other dogs, they are afraid to run in road either :eek: :nonono: :cursing: when they see daddy coming home....luckily hardly any traffic on our street....

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Plastic garbage bags!!!!!!!! Brooklyn runs for the hills when I am putting a new bag in the garbage can! The vacuum he used to be scared of... Now he tries to battle it.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I can"t think of anything that scares Gunny maybe the rooster we have, He likes Gunny but Gunny dosen"t want him too close.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio isn't scared of any people or any dogs or animals. BUT he scared of everything else!! He is scared of big sticks, rulers, poles, vacuum, blow drier, grill cover, paper bags. Oh and a new one today, it was about 75 today so after a short walk I had a water and poured it for them into their mouths. But Gio was scarred of the dripping water!! It was too funny! And My frenchie is the exact opposite, she is more shy then scarred of other people and dogs but isn't scarred of any objects.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is affectionately referred to as Princess Chicken *****. It would be easier to list what she is not afraid of.

Loud noises are the worst. Sudden movements. Anything moved out of it's normal spot if she has to walk past it.
She is wigging out these days because of the scary breezes coming through the open window in "her room" since it warmed up enough last week to open it. She won't get up on the love-seat alone because one of those breezes might get her.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
HRH is affectionately referred to as Princess Chicken *****. She is wigging out these days because of the scary breezes coming through the open window in "her room" since it warmed up enough last week to open it. She won't get up on the love-seat alone because one of those breezes might get her.

scary breezes...:ROFL: that HRH is something else...

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
HRH is affectionately referred to as Princess Chicken *****. It would be easier to list what she is not afraid of.

Loud noises are the worst. Sudden movements. Anything moved out of it's normal spot if she has to walk past it.
She is wigging out these days because of the scary breezes coming through the open window in "her room" since it warmed up enough last week to open it. She won't get up on the love-seat alone because one of those breezes might get her.
Hahaha

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
Macy hides from the sweeper and barks at the dryer from afar. Oh, and she is afraid of her reflection in the stove. Lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek: my big brave Jake is not afeared of anything....well..there is..
His reflection in the windows at night...
That killer squirrel that is waiting for him outside....
The Dark. ....
The daytime.....
My fuzzy slippers....
Anything loud on the TV!
The wild parrots who hang out at our house!
His Harness...:cursing:
That other Bully who lives in the "Big Mirror!"
Going potty at night..:eek:
The very most scary thing of all....The Broom! :nervous:

But honestly...he's the bravest Bully I know! :up: :D

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
LOL! I Love reading all of these. What I love the best is when our neighbors and other people who don't know him and see Mr. D and are intimidated or ask if he bites. I don't let on what a big scaredy cat he is and usually answer something along the lines of, "all dogs can bite", lol, just so they think he's a tough guy and would rip their faces off if they tried anything with me and so they won't bother us or him, hehehe, either. You guys and our family and friends know what a big goof he really is. :) I had the SO once pretend to grab me and throw me on the floor to see what Mr. D would do, and he didn't even seem bothered! My feelings were hurt too, lol.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh sarah is not scared of people or animal but just the other day a plastic bag fell to the floor and she ran. she hates the vacuum and will try to eat it. she hates tires and will try to eat them. not car tires but bike or wheelbarrow or mower tires. she stares at the shadow on the wall of the bedroom like its something thats going to get her. little things out of place dont bother her but big things will. oh these bullies are so funny.

TwoBullies

Jan 16, 2012
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia & Jake
Mia's scared senseless of the trashbags and semi-trucks. But will bark and attack the sweeper and blowdryer.

Jake had his first major thunderstorm and barked when it got loud...but I'm not sure if that's him being scared. He tries to show his big sister that he's not afraid of anything. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.