Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: the truth about Pet Foods article

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Sequim ,Washington
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default the truth about Pet Foods article

this is amazing in her article today , she writes,
    "I had alerted my customers to the potential risks of the chicken jerky treats from China when it first came to light 5 years ago.
    Independent Pet Store Owner Jo Bighouse - Midas Touch Health Food in Berryville, VA - recently took a strong stance. She cleared her store of any pet food or treat that has ingredients sourced from China. Many other independents have done the same.

Jo shared the decision to remove all pet food/treat products made in China has been evolving since 2007.
    "Then I read your Truth About Pet Food newsletter reporting the China imports that were refused entry into the US because they tested positive for melamine, including shortbread cookies for human consumption. This began a series of questions in my mind: Are we, pets and people, consuming melamine on a regular basis without realizing it? Could the bladder cancer, kidney stones, crystals, and renal failure many of our pets are experiencing be a result of on-going melamine exposure? As the daughter of a stage-four kidney failure patient I have first-hand exposure to the world of dialysis. I was shocked to see the number and age range of the dialysis patients. Is melamine involved? I don't have any answers and I am not jumping to conclusions, I just have many questions."

please sign up and read here articles, do not believe the package of food!!! they spend a fortune to deceive you !!!!
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the truth about Pet Foods article

Scary stuff thinking that something people give their pets because they love them, could actually be bad for them.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the truth about Pet Foods article

This is very interesting and I'd love to read more. Can you provide a link or something? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't know who "Jo" is. I agree with you and share her curiosity! Thanks @Lindathedogsmaid. Say hi to the Dungeones Spit for me will you? I love it where you are!

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Gravette Arkansas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

Yes please give us more information

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
    I them so much!!!! My life has changed so much since 7/2011
    Colonel 5 yrs old (2011 - Current) -- Ella May 3 yrs old (2012 - Current)
    RIP~ Bebe (2011-2014) 9 yrs old

Remove Ads