Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bongo has diarrhea a little what do I do?

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Default Bongo has diarrhea a little what do I do?

Hi all,

Bongos poop has gotten soft serve ice cream like still pick up able but barely. He's been home for 10 days from the breeder and he's been fully weaned onto the wellness puppy food from the breeders food. Also about 2 days ago we started adding a teaspoon of cottage cheese and plain yogurt to his morning meal.
    we feed him and Louie 2 meals a day morning and dinner. Is there any advice out there these are the only changes that have happened.
    Ive given Louie our 7 month pug the cottage cheese and yogurt as well and he's gotten diarrea as well could this be it?
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Cooper11

Default Re: Bongo has diarrhea a little what do I do?

H cold have a dairy allergy but too hard to tell. He is still a pup so he might just be adjusting to the food change if yo changed it from what the breeder had him on! Coop had ice cream poo for what seemed like forever....this means months lol. Then he finally had solids, I hated going out there and cleaning it up cause it wold get all over the grass and make m want to ! I knkow people say try canned pumpkin that helps with the runs. Also have you had his poo tested for parasites that cold also be it. Puppies get parasites easy so if you haven't I wold recommend taking a poo sample into your vet. But I would give him some more time also. New environment, new food, he is just adjusting If none of this works cut the yogurt and cottage cheese or change to a different dog food like fromm....fromm is a popular one for the bullies!

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Bongo also just woke up and he's still in the crying stage of crate training and he stopped all of a sudden and threw up what looked like most of his dinner!
    freaked me out right after he had a drink and then fell asleep on my lap was this a ploy to get outta the crate?
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Id cut out both the yogurt and cottage cheese and see if the soft poos stop. If not then add a little bit of canned pumpkin *not pie filling* to the food. Once stabilized add a little yogurt and see how that goes. We dont use cottage cheese but if that is your choice, if the yogurt is ok for a bit then start adding the cottage cheese. It probably is just that you added too much too quickly. So the best thing to do is back off and once stable, go slowly.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Id cut out both the yogurt and cottage cheese and see if the soft poos stop. If not then add a little bit of canned pumpkin *not pie filling* to the food. Once stabilized add a little yogurt and see how that goes. We dont use cottage cheese but if that is your choice, if the yogurt is ok for a bit then start adding the cottage cheese. It probably is just that you added too much too quickly. So the best thing to do is back off and once stable, go slowly.
    Agreed!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Agreed!
    I third this!! I recently tried yogurt with my bullie when I was also trying to change foods and he got runny as well. I stopped the food switch and yogurt and he got back to normal quickly. Once I get him settled into new food though I want to try the yogurt again, since I found out he has no dairy allergies.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

All the advice above is good, so I don't have anything to add. Just wanted to ask how Bongo was doing today.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

@Fbjdd I agree as well..This is frustrating and gross to clean! I understand and feel for you..I would also take a stool sample to the vet for tests! It could be nothing..Have you taken him to the vet for a checkup yet since being home?
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

you have gotten good advice so ill just say i hope bongo gets better.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

i agree with taking away the yogurt, adding pumpkin, and then trying yogurt again. puppies do get soft though, as their gastrointestinal systems develop.
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Our breeder had us keep the same food he used of course as there was no signs to change either. We feed him 3 times a day smaller portions and that is it. The vet said good food has the items he needs and bullies stomachs are sensitive so why mess with it.

Kain's eating / bowl movements have been perfect so I'm kinda happy i'm not adding supplements and extras that could be messing with it otherwise. I understand feeding twice a day is after they are older as a puppy it's recommended 3 times to my knowledge.

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Hi all,

Well Bongo is better today he's eaten a bit slept a lot he threw up but it was very little. I did stop the yogurt and cottage cheese. I talked to my breeder and she recommended honey to relax his stomach and it seemed to work instantly he played a bunch his energy was great and he was hungry.
    He ate and kept it down I gave him rice with chicken broth and a little of of his puppy food mixed in. He then proceeded to pick through the rice to get to his kibble lol.
    I would like to thank you all I'm a big guy that's a wimp for my puppy.
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads