Bongo has diarrhea a little what do I do?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Bongos poop has gotten soft serve ice cream like still pick up able but barely. He's been home for 10 days from the breeder and he's been fully weaned onto the wellness puppy food from the breeders food. Also about 2 days ago we started adding a teaspoon of cottage cheese and plain yogurt to his morning meal.
we feed him and Louie 2 meals a day morning and dinner. Is there any advice out there these are the only changes that have happened.
Ive given Louie our 7 month pug the cottage cheese and yogurt as well and he's gotten diarrea as well could this be it?

C

Cooper11

H cold have a dairy allergy but too hard to tell. He is still a pup so he might just be adjusting to the food change if yo changed it from what the breeder had him on! Coop had ice cream poo for what seemed like forever....this means months lol. Then he finally had solids, I hated going out there and cleaning it up cause it wold get all over the grass and make m want to :barf:! I knkow people say try canned pumpkin that helps with the runs. Also have you had his poo tested for parasites that cold also be it. Puppies get parasites easy so if you haven't I wold recommend taking a poo sample into your vet. But I would give him some more time also. New environment, new food, he is just adjusting :) If none of this works cut the yogurt and cottage cheese or change to a different dog food like fromm....fromm is a popular one for the bullies!

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Bongo also just woke up and he's still in the crying stage of crate training and he stopped all of a sudden and threw up what looked like most of his dinner!
freaked me out right after he had a drink and then fell asleep on my lap was this a ploy to get outta the crate?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Id cut out both the yogurt and cottage cheese and see if the soft poos stop. If not then add a little bit of canned pumpkin *not pie filling* to the food. Once stabilized add a little yogurt and see how that goes. We dont use cottage cheese but if that is your choice, if the yogurt is ok for a bit then start adding the cottage cheese. It probably is just that you added too much too quickly. So the best thing to do is back off and once stable, go slowly.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Id cut out both the yogurt and cottage cheese and see if the soft poos stop. If not then add a little bit of canned pumpkin *not pie filling* to the food. Once stabilized add a little yogurt and see how that goes. We dont use cottage cheese but if that is your choice, if the yogurt is ok for a bit then start adding the cottage cheese. It probably is just that you added too much too quickly. So the best thing to do is back off and once stable, go slowly.

Agreed!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge

I third this!! I recently tried yogurt with my bullie when I was also trying to change foods and he got runny as well. I stopped the food switch and yogurt and he got back to normal quickly. Once I get him settled into new food though I want to try the yogurt again, since I found out he has no dairy allergies.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4518]Fbjdd[/MENTION] I agree as well..This is frustrating and gross to clean! I understand and feel for you..I would also take a stool sample to the vet for tests! It could be nothing..Have you taken him to the vet for a checkup yet since being home?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you have gotten good advice so ill just say i hope bongo gets better.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
i agree with taking away the yogurt, adding pumpkin, and then trying yogurt again. puppies do get soft :poo: though, as their gastrointestinal systems develop.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Our breeder had us keep the same food he used of course as there was no signs to change either. We feed him 3 times a day smaller portions and that is it. The vet said good food has the items he needs and bullies stomachs are sensitive so why mess with it.

Kain's eating / bowl movements have been perfect so I'm kinda happy i'm not adding supplements and extras that could be messing with it otherwise. I understand feeding twice a day is after they are older as a puppy it's recommended 3 times to my knowledge.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Well Bongo is better today he's eaten a bit slept a lot he threw up but it was very little. I did stop the yogurt and cottage cheese. I talked to my breeder and she recommended honey to relax his stomach and it seemed to work instantly he played a bunch his energy was great and he was hungry.
He ate and kept it down I gave him rice with chicken broth and a little of of his puppy food mixed in. He then proceeded to pick through the rice to get to his kibble lol.
I would like to thank you all I'm a big guy that's a wimp for my puppy.

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Just as I posted the last post he threw up again and had a really runny poop. Jeez we have a appointment for the vet tommorow.
I may have fed him too much too soon he was hungry so I tried to feed him but maybe it was too much to soon. Right after he threw up he was hungry again and he's drinking. This is killing me but at least we had his checkup for tomorrow.
i will keep you posted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.