Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would also like to note that I used to have winter allergies every year. Bad, my eyes would BURN... felt like they were bleeding. It was a time a year I always dreaded, and it was always during the major weather change. But once I became a better cook, I found that I rarely get sick. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was sick with the flu or allergies. It has been YEARS! My kids get sick, hubby gets sick, but I never ever get it even when I kiss them on the lips and gets sneezed on all day.

Now my kids eat more junk that I do, hubby eats fast food all the time during his lunch break. So they don't have as good of a diet as I do. But they rarely get sick either because overall, their diets are good.

Thus, I am mom, and mom does not need to ever be sick anyway, the whole house would fall apart if I did!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I would also like to note that I used to have winter allergies every year. Bad, my eyes would BURN... felt like they were bleeding. It was a time a year I always dreaded, and it was always during the major weather change. But once I became a better cook, I found that I rarely get sick. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was sick with the flu or allergies. It has been YEARS! My kids get sick, hubby gets sick, but I never ever get it even when I kiss them on the lips and gets sneezed on all day.

Now my kids eat more junk that I do, hubby eats fast food all the time during his lunch break. So they don't have as good of a diet as I do. But they rarely get sick either because overall, their diets are good.

Thus, I am mom, and mom does not need to ever be sick anyway, the whole house would fall apart if I did!

Its very true...People changing their diets for the better see such a difference in overall health..Same with our bullies, and when I first got here everyone said to the first key to a healthy bullie starts with a good food!

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Hope everything works out! I would def give the Fromm switch a try and see what happens...Right now it seems like he could be losing weight and with him being a puppy he needs the proetin and viatimns to grow. All the symptoms still seem to be allergy related and the switch would help to narrow things down!

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]

I will order Fromm tonight! I could try bland again but he was throwing up everytime I did the rice and beef and the rice and chicken......it seems to not matter what he eat! But I agree with you that I need to get him on a good food. I know he is not getting much nutrients because I can tell he is hungry and when he throws up I don't know what to do...give him more then he throws it up again. Today he has been sleeping ALOT! I didn't hear back from the vet so I better hear from them tomorrow. I will get Fromm ordered and go from there!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@desertskybulldogs @BabyDuke

I will order Fromm tonight! I could try bland again but he was throwing up everytime I did the rice and beef and the rice and chicken......it seems to not matter what he eat! But I agree with you that I need to get him on a good food. I know he is not getting much nutrients because I can tell he is hungry and when he throws up I don't know what to do...give him more then he throws it up again. Today he has been sleeping ALOT! I didn't hear back from the vet so I better hear from them tomorrow. I will get Fromm ordered and go from there!

I wanted to say something a couple of days ago but I didn't want to come off as the crazy vegetable lady. Now I don't think I care :)

Since he is throwing up the rice and chicken/ground beef would you be willing to try a vegetable mash? Before you start throwing tomatoes at me, hear me out :) I have learned a lot with Abby. If you remember, before she her diagnosis she was throwing up her food HOURS after eating it. She was throwing up whole pieces of kibble, her body couldn't digest the grain. OK, so we thought she was allergic to grain and I bought her the Fromm but she threw that up too. Now we know it was the protein she was having a problem with but I'm still not convinced it wasn't the grain too.

After we figured out that her kidneys were failing, the doctor gave me that prescription crap. Look at the label on that stuff. I can't even pronounce most of the stuff in there, I knew it couldn't possibly be good for her broken, exhausted system. That's when I started my research.

The first thing that I learned was that plant proteins are much easier on the system. They are easier to digest and easier/faster to absorb into the system. The vitamins and minerals in them are completely natural. They haven't been dehydrated, rehydrated, ground up or processed in any way. This is the same concept that raw feeders go by except that meat protein is harder on broken bodies like Abbys.

I'm not even remotely suggesting that Coop has kidney damage (God forbid!). What I am suggesting is that until you get your Fromm delivery you toss the rice and make him some sweet potatoes, string beans, peppers and carrots. What do you have to lose?

OP
C

Cooper11

I wanted to say something a couple of days ago but I didn't want to come off as the crazy vegetable lady. Now I don't think I care :)

Since he is throwing up the rice and chicken/ground beef would you be willing to try a vegetable mash? Before you start throwing tomatoes at me, hear me out :) I have learned a lot with Abby. If you remember, before she her diagnosis she was throwing up her food HOURS after eating it. She was throwing up whole pieces of kibble, her body couldn't digest the grain. OK, so we thought she was allergic to grain and I bought her the Fromm but she threw that up too. Now we know it was the protein she was having a problem with but I'm still not convinced it wasn't the grain too.

After we figured out that her kidneys were failing, the doctor gave me that prescription crap. Look at the label on that stuff. I can't even pronounce most of the stuff in there, I knew it couldn't possibly be good for her broken, exhausted system. That's when I started my research.

The first thing that I learned was that plant proteins are much easier on the system. They are easier to digest and easier/faster to absorb into the system. The vitamins and minerals in them are completely natural. They haven't been dehydrated, rehydrated, ground up or processed in any way. This is the same concept that raw feeders go by except that meat protein is harder on broken bodies like Abbys.

I'm not even remotely suggesting that Coop has kidney damage (God forbid!). What I am suggesting is that until you get your Fromm delivery you toss the rice and make him some sweet potatoes, string beans, peppers and carrots. What do you have to lose?

O Girl I take any advice I can get! No judging or throwing tomatoes here! :) are you on chat. I just asked if anyone was on im was going to ask what else i can feed him other than rice, beef, and chicken

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names

:cursing: Seriously Bev! I wish they had tomatoes... :laugh:

Not but really that is a good idea! Nice suggestion b/c I wouldnt have thought to try the veggies just to get some nutirents in him...

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
:cursing: Seriously Bev! I wish they had tomatoes... :laugh:

Not but really that is a good idea! Nice suggestion b/c I wouldnt have thought to try the veggies just to get some nutirents in him...

That's what made me not afraid to be thought of as the crazy lady anymore. Coop isn't getting any better and she said that he looks like he is losing weight. If he doesn't get something in him soon........ :*(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:bravo:

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

I fed coop a little over a half of a potato tonight and I also gave him some rice and beef...not much and I hand fed him both! I had never hand fed the beef and rice before. So far so good he has kept it down for an hour or so now. But that really doesn't mean much cuz he throws up randomly for no reason :( I will let you all tomorrow if he hold it all down :)

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] I would probably cut the rice. It could be nothing but its possible. I would probably do the pumpkin with sweet potato,veggies,beef until you get the new food! Lets see what everyone else says! Hope everything gets better soon!!! :pray: and :hug: to you and Cooper

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
That's what made me not afraid to be thought of as the crazy lady anymore. Coop isn't getting any better and she said that he looks like he is losing weight. If he doesn't get something in him soon........ :*(

That was a good idea and it was never suggested before to [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]! He definatley needs to get something that works b/c he is still a growing puppy that needs proetin,nutrients,vitamins and the good food has that! The can stuff really isnt good and it may have worked for a little but no change really! Still :pray: for you that this gets better real soon and you can find the cause!

OP
C

Cooper11

:luv: Thank you my Snookie!!! I will cut the rice next I need to order fromm tonight! I have to find the website! lol
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Order from Pet Flow thats where others here get it from and I think there is a discount with EBN but Im not sure as I go to the local pet store. I remember a thread about it!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.