Cooper throwing up again!

OP
C

Cooper11

cooper11 I am so sorry hon, I know you have been going through this for weeks, I wish I could help but hopefully someone here can. My thoughts are with you.
(PS, Have you talked to the person you got him from? Have they possibly had other dogs with issues like this?)

I did facebook the breeder and they are awesome! I can call them anytime As far as the tummy thing goes the vet said nothing so far wold b genetics or passed down from his parents. I wrote on their wall and asked if anyone was having same problems and 1 person said their bully throws up here and there but feeding him at night helped. Didn't help Coop though! And their bully is not from the same littler as Coop. I have contact with a few of Coops litter mates family and none of them have tummy issues. He was fine. Perfect no problems than all th sudden they are coming at me left and right!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Poor Coop... has the vet called to ask how he's doing? Are they pushing you to do the scope?

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]wheezer[/MENTION] [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] [MENTION=3134]jeanic[/MENTION]o [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

Thank everyone. i am thinking the scope needs to be done too. No one could have gave him anything because I was with him all day.....o wait my sister in law gave him a treat in the morning and I told her that was fine but he can't have any. He threw up probably 10 hours after and from what the vet said if its not within an hour of him eating its not the food. But them he threw the dog food up so I just get more and more confused! :hissy: No one could have given him anything when he was in kennel cuz no on was here and b4 he was put in kennel I was watching him. After he threw up we went outside and I had him on the leash and he so wanted to eat the grass and did and kept trying to get to the grass to eat it. Vet said they eat grass to make themself throw up because they are having tummy pains!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry to hear about Coop. If he is allergic to something could that be the cause of the vomiting as well? I truly hope he get's better soon. It must be so frustrating.

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4447]bulliemommi[/MENTION]
No not pushing m to do the scope. I talked to the vet receptionist today and everything was good....Coop threw up at 630 so they were closed. If anything I was pushing them to do the scope last week when h was throwing up the meds they gave me but they told m to stop all human food and treats and give the cannd food they gave me....that worked and no throwing up! Til tonight. I am hoping it was just a fluke...either he ate to fast (cuz he does) or he was upset thinking I was leaving the house again. he ate later tonight and has kept it down! :) I will call vet tomorrow. Not only the tummy but now I have to deal with the cyst on his feet and his eye!

[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] Not thinking the throwing up is an allergy because it doesn't matter what he eats he throw up. And when his tummy is empty he he throwing up the yellow tummy stuff!

Thanks you guys really means a lot that you all take the time to respond and help me! Thanks for worrying about Coop as much as i do :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
no advice, but :hug2:'s for you and Cooper!

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I hope Cooper gets well soon!! :pray:

When Dozer was throwing up we had to feed him really slow. I am not sure how you have been feeding him but we basically kept taking his dish away every 3 seconds...took around 10-15 mins to feed him his plate to slow him down so he can digest it....did you try that? I know it's frustrating but hang in there and you have the good members of EBN here for you always!

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Meg..do you have a veterinary teaching hospital near you?? Or an animal specialty group that teaches? They are the best for diagnosing and have thee latest tests and equipment. Usually at a much reduced charge. If you do..they usually will see you right away. We had to take our Rottie to one and they were absolutely amazing. I'd start there...:hug:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Oh I am so sorry just getting to you and so sorry you are going through all of this.. :(
Yes Duke had a really freaky thing happen. We had him to th ER vet twice he would not stop throwing up and then one morning he actually passed a toy he ate 3 months prior through his bowel! so I think maybe I would do the scope at this point..
After you get the belly settled please let me know how things are as we are also allergy fighting warriors and Duke has been down that road too with the swollen paws, red face etc.. we ended up taking him to a dermatologist and found out he was allergic to wool. are you giving him any benadryl or zrtec? we give Duke Zrtec every other day.

Please keep us posted. I wish I had more info to give you but it is so hard when you don't know what it is.. :(

Big Hugs

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for coop, hoping he will get better soon or you can find out what is causing it. When our Beagle Missy was young she would throw up a lot, we went through about 6 different foods until we found one that she would not throw up and she has been fine every since.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] i dunno meg im thinking at this point maybe do the scope. also i was wondering did the cyst on the paws come after feeding the canned food. im wondering if its chicken based protein. some bullies do not do well with it. also the red face did it come the same time as the paw cysts or was that going on before. and lastly is the back leg cyst is that on the leg part or paws. also could it be a hive and not a cyst. sarah gets hives sometimes because of her outdoor allergies or if i feed her something she is allergic to. im wondering if maybe a different canned food with a different protein might help. merrick before grain is whatever protein is on the can and i think dried egg and some vitamins. might be worth a try. i so hope coop gets better soon. :hug:

Last edited:
OP
C

Cooper11

Oh I am so sorry just getting to you and so sorry you are going through all of this.. :(
Yes Duke had a really freaky thing happen. We had him to th ER vet twice he would not stop throwing up and then one morning he actually passed a toy he ate 3 months prior through his bowel! so I think maybe I would do the scope at this point..
After you get the belly settled please let me know how things are as we are also allergy fighting warriors and Duke has been down that road too with the swollen paws, red face etc.. we ended up taking him to a dermatologist and found out he was allergic to wool. are you giving him any benadryl or zrtec? we give Duke Zrtec every other day.

Please keep us posted. I wish I had more info to give you but it is so hard when you don't know what it is.. :(

Big Hugs

I haven't gave anything to him for allergies because of the tummy issue right now I was advised by the vet and people on here to wait! Did they do xray and the toy didn't show up. It is very possible Coop would have swallowed something but then again I really don't think he did. He isn't a chewer and I rarely have to take stuff away from him that he isn't suppose to have. He barely even plays with his own toys! I am going to get him in the vet this week. I will let you know what they say! :) O I am so happy you commented Thanks You Becky! [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

OP
C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 i dunno meg im thinking at this point maybe do the scope. also i was wondering did the cyst on the paws come after feeding the canned food. im wondering if its chicken based protein. some bullies do not do well with it. also the red face did it come the same time as the paw cysts or was that going on before. and lastly is the back leg cyst is that on the leg part or paws. also could it be a hive and not a cyst. sarah gets hives sometimes because of her outdoor allergies or if i feed her something she is allergic to. im wondering if maybe a different canned food with a different protein might help. merrick before grain is whatever protein is on the can and i think dried egg and some vitamins. might be worth a try. i so hope coop gets better soon. :hug:

I'm pretty sure they are cyst. The cysts started with the after the tummy thing I am thinking it is the food also. Red fac started mor when it got nicer outside and gets worse the longer he is out there...so I know that one is environmental. The canned food does have chicken in it....could be that...he has chicken treats and never threw them up in the past but maybe the chicken allergy just started
I soaked his feet last night in the epson salt and I kinda thought it made them worse. the cysts are between his toes. On every paw except his back right leg are red in between his toes like a red that is not a normal...usually they would be a pinking but they are red. I thought maybe the one he was limping on may have an infection it seemed a little crusty. Also noticed on the pads of his feet where the toe nail ends (the part you clip) his pads are really dry and cracking....only on both rear feet. To the point I could scrape or pick the skin off....is this normal?

OP
C

Cooper11

I hope Cooper gets well soon!! :pray:

When Dozer was throwing up we had to feed him really slow. I am not sure how you have been feeding him but we basically kept taking his dish away every 3 seconds...took around 10-15 mins to feed him his plate to slow him down so he can digest it....did you try that? I know it's frustrating but hang in there and you have the good members of EBN here for you always!

With the cannd food he tends to eat it slower cuz it stick to the bowl....he had been doing good so last night I just gave it to him and he ate if faster than normal. I didn't get home till later so he actually was skipped a meal. I am trying to do 4-5 smaller meals a day and that seems to be working. I fed him again last night after he threw up and I have it on a plate cuz it sticks so bad to the bowl. So I would hold the plate and let him get some and the pull the plate back for a a little but and then let him eat a little more. I am hoping he just ate to fast yesterday and that was why he threw up!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] it seems that this cyst thing came up when you started the canned and the pad things and such. im thinking its the canned food. im wondering if maybe trying a different canned food with a different protein. the cysts and redness are signs of an allergy. so is eye boogers and red face. so are you talking about in between the paws or are you talking about on the bottom of his feet pads when you speak of skin peeling off. no skin should not peel off his feet. ive never had that happen. i put lotrimin powder on sarahs cyst and redness seems to help more and sometimes when i soak her feet they will look worse for a while after then look better. i think one time i put peroxide on them and i think it seemed to help. not sure why i dont anymore. heck ive doused her feet with so many things trying to get rid of them. maybe order some mal-a-ket shampoo to soak them in. seems to help sarahs. but i think if you get this food thing under control alot of this will go away. at least i hope it does

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.