Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 79

Thread: Cooper throwing up again!

  1. #37
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Hi again.. hoping today is a good day for your little guy.. Yes they did xray and nothing.. gave him shots and sent him home.. he layed on the floor and shook I was terrified.. I almost called 911 and my husband was like "YOU nut! you can't call 911 for a dog".. so back we went.. again they observed and wanted us to wait til the morning.. the next morning he passed the toy.. BUT like others have said it could be so many other things.. just hoping you can get to the bottom of this soon.. I feel your pain!!

  2. #38
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11526

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Yes would love pic!! And I don't care if you repeat questions I have already answered. It would take a long time to read every comment. I know I am wondering about allergies too and thinking maybe I should just do the allergy test and if I have to have it done later on again so be it. I am for sure he is allergic to something outside. I haven't been home much these last few days and when I get home his face looks really good other than these eye boogers that came out of nowhere and they are bad! His face just looks a light pink and he looks good but once he starts going outside he gets red and his one eye water a lot! No throwing up today!!! But he also didn't eat that much. I am suppose to slowly add more daily but once I started thinking he was better and adding more was when he threw up. I am going to call vet tomorrow to see if I can get him in to look at cysts and talk about tummy and weigh him. I am afraid he may be losing weight!! Thank You for taking the time to give me advice and ask about Coop. You all mean so much to me!!!
    Before allergy identified. see how red his face is and his eye boogers were thick and constant.
    -copy-1-img_2352-jpg


    after rice and dairy was out of his diet and we had him on Benedryl... no red face and very little eye boogers

    -img_4957-jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #39
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Just checking in ?? How is your little guy?

  4. #40
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDuke View Post
    Just checking in ?? How is your little guy?
    He is doing better and worse...if that makes sense. He had stopped throwing up and then threw up on Saturday and then was fine and now threw up again last night. Both right after he ate and hand fed him last night so I know he didn't eat to fast! But the throwing up has been better but not we have the red face, watering eye, cysts, I am thinking it is the food...but I am scared to try something different because this is the only food that has helped with his throwing up. I am waiting for doc to call me back to see when I can get him in for the scope thing!

  5. #41
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Okay I have of course been following Coops story and I think it's time to do the one thing you have not tried.

    Get him off that crap of food!!!! At this point, it certainly would not hurt him since he is throwing up what you give him already.

    All of his symptoms are allergy related. (entropion is the rolling inward of the eye which can many times be caused by swollen eyes from allergies, interdigital cysts are formed from bacteria build up, from either paw licking or immune system not producing good bacteria, tear stains, runny eyes.... )

    His immune system is going downhill, which is why he is getting worse, and showing more and more signs that it is taking a toll on him.

    First, you must answer the question: "What causes allergies?" Why do some years you have horrible allergies and others they are mild? You may assume that there is less pollen count or something, but it actually has to do with your immune system. Your immune system produces antibodies that combat allergens.

    So if you are in top shape health wise, diet and exercise are good, you will have less allergy symptoms that normal. But if you have a virus, infection, are pregnant, eat nothing but McDonalds everyday, not on a good diet and getting regular exercise, ect. your allergies will be horrible!

    One of the reasons food change helps so many bulldogs is because a good diet can help build up the immune system and help produce antibodies to fight allergens. While it does not cure an allergy, it will certainly make it less uncomfortable than normal.

    So at this point, I know you wanted to wait until the tummy settled to try a new food-- but if you really do not think he swallowed something large and has a blockage then I think it would not hurt to at least try a new food.

    However, I do think getting a scope would be beneficial as well. But if he is pooping normal (2x a day) if it were me, I would try a food change first. Or try bland diet instead of the prescription junk.

    I cannot be sure but I am thinking that @kazzy220 's Maggie used to throw up all the time until a fromm switch. She also had interdigital cysts when trying a new food that disappeared when changed. If it was not Maggie, maybe someone here can remember the dog that threw up every night in the middle of the night?

    While it does not work for everyone, I do think it is worth a try at this point. HUGS xxoo

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  6. #42
    ..........
    Real Name
    Bruce
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Okay I have of course been following Coops story and I think it's time to do the one thing you have not tried.

    Get him off that crap of food!!!! At this point, it certainly would not hurt him since he is throwing up what you give him already.

    All of his symptoms are allergy related. (entropion is the rolling inward of the eye which can many times be caused by swollen eyes from allergies, interdigital cysts are formed from bacteria build up, from either paw licking or immune system not producing good bacteria, tear stains, runny eyes.... )

    His immune system is going downhill, which is why he is getting worse, and showing more and more signs that it is taking a toll on him.

    First, you must answer the question: "What causes allergies?" Why do some years you have horrible allergies and others they are mild? You may assume that there is less pollen count or something, but it actually has to do with your immune system. Your immune system produces antibodies that combat allergens.

    So if you are in top shape health wise, diet and exercise are good, you will have less allergy symptoms that normal. But if you have a virus, infection, are pregnant, eat nothing but McDonalds everyday, not on a good diet and getting regular exercise, ect. your allergies will be horrible!

    One of the reasons food change helps so many bulldogs is because a good diet can help build up the immune system and help produce antibodies to fight allergens. While it does not cure an allergy, it will certainly make it less uncomfortable than normal.

    So at this point, I know you wanted to wait until the tummy settled to try a new food-- but if you really do not think he swallowed something large and has a blockage then I think it would not hurt to at least try a new food.

    However, I do think getting a scope would be beneficial as well. But if he is pooping normal (2x a day) if it were me, I would try a food change first. Or try bland diet instead of the prescription junk.

    I cannot be sure but I am thinking that @kazzy220 's Maggie used to throw up all the time until a fromm switch. She also had interdigital cysts when trying a new food that disappeared when changed. If it was not Maggie, maybe someone here can remember the dog that threw up every night in the middle of the night?

    While it does not work for everyone, I do think it is worth a try at this point. HUGS xxoo

    Agree wholeheartedly!!!

  7. #43
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    He is doing better and worse...if that makes sense. He had stopped throwing up and then threw up on Saturday and then was fine and now threw up again last night. Both right after he ate and hand fed him last night so I know he didn't eat to fast! But the throwing up has been better but not we have the red face, watering eye, cysts, I am thinking it is the food...but I am scared to try something different because this is the only food that has helped with his throwing up. I am waiting for doc to call me back to see when I can get him in for the scope thing!
    oh Lord Ok i am thinking of you.. its so hard when they go through these things? Let me know what the doctor says.. I know the food change is a hard thing.. we went through H _ _ _ changing Duke's food BUT a remarkable difference once we did..One thing at a time.. give him big hugs from us and please keep us posted.. we are all worry worts around here! ( its a good thing)

  8. #44
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Okay I have of course been following Coops story and I think it's time to do the one thing you have not tried.

    Get him off that crap of food!!!! At this point, it certainly would not hurt him since he is throwing up what you give him already.

    All of his symptoms are allergy related. (entropion is the rolling inward of the eye which can many times be caused by swollen eyes from allergies, interdigital cysts are formed from bacteria build up, from either paw licking or immune system not producing good bacteria, tear stains, runny eyes.... )

    His immune system is going downhill, which is why he is getting worse, and showing more and more signs that it is taking a toll on him.

    First, you must answer the question: "What causes allergies?" Why do some years you have horrible allergies and others they are mild? You may assume that there is less pollen count or something, but it actually has to do with your immune system. Your immune system produces antibodies that combat allergens.

    So if you are in top shape health wise, diet and exercise are good, you will have less allergy symptoms that normal. But if you have a virus, infection, are pregnant, eat nothing but McDonalds everyday, not on a good diet and getting regular exercise, ect. your allergies will be horrible!

    One of the reasons food change helps so many bulldogs is because a good diet can help build up the immune system and help produce antibodies to fight allergens. While it does not cure an allergy, it will certainly make it less uncomfortable than normal.

    So at this point, I know you wanted to wait until the tummy settled to try a new food-- but if you really do not think he swallowed something large and has a blockage then I think it would not hurt to at least try a new food.

    However, I do think getting a scope would be beneficial as well. But if he is pooping normal (2x a day) if it were me, I would try a food change first. Or try bland diet instead of the prescription junk.

    I cannot be sure but I am thinking that @kazzy220 's Maggie used to throw up all the time until a fromm switch. She also had interdigital cysts when trying a new food that disappeared when changed. If it was not Maggie, maybe someone here can remember the dog that threw up every night in the middle of the night?

    While it does not work for everyone, I do think it is worth a try at this point. HUGS xxoo
    EXCELLENT INFO!!

  9. #45
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    One last thing I wanted to mention.. I took the advice of everyone on here and changed Duke's food to Nature's Variety Instinct and when I did was when I had Duke at the ER.. remember I told you he swallowed the toy 3 months prior.. the vet told us but putting him on good food it actually helped his system work better.. hope this makes sense.. Believe me when I first changed and he was throwing up etc I wanted to shoot myself and felt as if I made him sick. it was the best decision we ever made.. Duke would get swollen paws, ear infections once a month etc.. Honest to God.. the only time I call the vet now is to make his annual appointment for his vaccines.. ( hope this helps)

  10. #46
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    I would also like to note that I used to have winter allergies every year. Bad, my eyes would BURN... felt like they were bleeding. It was a time a year I always dreaded, and it was always during the major weather change. But once I became a better cook, I found that I rarely get sick. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was sick with the flu or allergies. It has been YEARS! My kids get sick, hubby gets sick, but I never ever get it even when I kiss them on the lips and gets sneezed on all day.

    Now my kids eat more junk that I do, hubby eats fast food all the time during his lunch break. So they don't have as good of a diet as I do. But they rarely get sick either because overall, their diets are good.

    Thus, I am mom, and mom does not need to ever be sick anyway, the whole house would fall apart if I did!

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  11. #47
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I would also like to note that I used to have winter allergies every year. Bad, my eyes would BURN... felt like they were bleeding. It was a time a year I always dreaded, and it was always during the major weather change. But once I became a better cook, I found that I rarely get sick. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I was sick with the flu or allergies. It has been YEARS! My kids get sick, hubby gets sick, but I never ever get it even when I kiss them on the lips and gets sneezed on all day.

    Now my kids eat more junk that I do, hubby eats fast food all the time during his lunch break. So they don't have as good of a diet as I do. But they rarely get sick either because overall, their diets are good.

    Thus, I am mom, and mom does not need to ever be sick anyway, the whole house would fall apart if I did!
    Its very true...People changing their diets for the better see such a difference in overall health..Same with our bullies, and when I first got here everyone said to the first key to a healthy bullie starts with a good food!

    @Cooper11 Hope everything works out! I would def give the Fromm switch a try and see what happens...Right now it seems like he could be losing weight and with him being a puppy he needs the proetin and viatimns to grow. All the symptoms still seem to be allergy related and the switch would help to narrow things down!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  12. #48
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    gunnyboy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Location
    Bradford Pennsylvania
    Posts
    669
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

    Sorry cooper!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •