Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

So sorry for coop, hoping he will get better soon or you can find out what is causing it. When our Beagle Missy was young she would throw up a lot, we went through about 6 different foods until we found one that she would not throw up and she has been fine every since.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 i dunno meg im thinking at this point maybe do the scope. also i was wondering did the cyst on the paws come after feeding the canned food. im wondering if its chicken based protein. some bullies do not do well with it. also the red face did it come the same time as the paw cysts or was that going on before. and lastly is the back leg cyst is that on the leg part or paws. also could it be a hive and not a cyst. sarah gets hives sometimes because of her outdoor allergies or if i feed her something she is allergic to. im wondering if maybe a different canned food with a different protein might help. merrick before grain is whatever protein is on the can and i think dried egg and some vitamins. might be worth a try. i so hope coop gets better soon.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 03-20-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDuke View Post
    Oh I am so sorry just getting to you and so sorry you are going through all of this..
    Yes Duke had a really freaky thing happen. We had him to th ER vet twice he would not stop throwing up and then one morning he actually passed a toy he ate 3 months prior through his bowel! so I think maybe I would do the scope at this point..
    After you get the belly settled please let me know how things are as we are also allergy fighting warriors and Duke has been down that road too with the swollen paws, red face etc.. we ended up taking him to a dermatologist and found out he was allergic to wool. are you giving him any benadryl or zrtec? we give Duke Zrtec every other day.

Please keep us posted. I wish I had more info to give you but it is so hard when you don't know what it is..

Big Hugs
    I haven't gave anything to him for allergies because of the tummy issue right now I was advised by the vet and people on here to wait! Did they do xray and the toy didn't show up. It is very possible Coop would have swallowed something but then again I really don't think he did. He isn't a chewer and I rarely have to take stuff away from him that he isn't suppose to have. He barely even plays with his own toys! I am going to get him in the vet this week. I will let you know what they say! O I am so happy you commented Thanks You Becky! @JAKEISGREAT

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    @Cooper11 i dunno meg im thinking at this point maybe do the scope. also i was wondering did the cyst on the paws come after feeding the canned food. im wondering if its chicken based protein. some bullies do not do well with it. also the red face did it come the same time as the paw cysts or was that going on before. and lastly is the back leg cyst is that on the leg part or paws. also could it be a hive and not a cyst. sarah gets hives sometimes because of her outdoor allergies or if i feed her something she is allergic to. im wondering if maybe a different canned food with a different protein might help. merrick before grain is whatever protein is on the can and i think dried egg and some vitamins. might be worth a try. i so hope coop gets better soon.
    I'm pretty sure they are cyst. The cysts started with the after the tummy thing I am thinking it is the food also. Red fac started mor when it got nicer outside and gets worse the longer he is out there...so I know that one is environmental. The canned food does have chicken in it....could be that...he has chicken treats and never threw them up in the past but maybe the chicken allergy just started
    I soaked his feet last night in the epson salt and I kinda thought it made them worse. the cysts are between his toes. On every paw except his back right leg are red in between his toes like a red that is not a normal...usually they would be a pinking but they are red. I thought maybe the one he was limping on may have an infection it seemed a little crusty. Also noticed on the pads of his feet where the toe nail ends (the part you clip) his pads are really dry and cracking....only on both rear feet. To the point I could scrape or pick the skin off....is this normal?

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    I hope Cooper gets well soon!!

When Dozer was throwing up we had to feed him really slow. I am not sure how you have been feeding him but we basically kept taking his dish away every 3 seconds...took around 10-15 mins to feed him his plate to slow him down so he can digest it....did you try that? I know it's frustrating but hang in there and you have the good members of EBN here for you always!
    With the cannd food he tends to eat it slower cuz it stick to the bowl....he had been doing good so last night I just gave it to him and he ate if faster than normal. I didn't get home till later so he actually was skipped a meal. I am trying to do 4-5 smaller meals a day and that seems to be working. I fed him again last night after he threw up and I have it on a plate cuz it sticks so bad to the bowl. So I would hold the plate and let him get some and the pull the plate back for a a little but and then let him eat a little more. I am hoping he just ate to fast yesterday and that was why he threw up!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 it seems that this cyst thing came up when you started the canned and the pad things and such. im thinking its the canned food. im wondering if maybe trying a different canned food with a different protein. the cysts and redness are signs of an allergy. so is eye boogers and red face. so are you talking about in between the paws or are you talking about on the bottom of his feet pads when you speak of skin peeling off. no skin should not peel off his feet. ive never had that happen. i put lotrimin powder on sarahs cyst and redness seems to help more and sometimes when i soak her feet they will look worse for a while after then look better. i think one time i put peroxide on them and i think it seemed to help. not sure why i dont anymore. heck ive doused her feet with so many things trying to get rid of them. maybe order some mal-a-ket shampoo to soak them in. seems to help sarahs. but i think if you get this food thing under control alot of this will go away. at least i hope it does

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I haven't had much time to be online these past few days so I'm late to this. I'm sorry so Coop is sick again. Maybe he just has a virus? Have they done any blood work?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Sick again? Geez Meg, you have had a rough couple weeks too! I send you big hugs! I know you will make the best decision for your baby! Keep us posted, I am so upset I can't keep up with the threads as I'd like, but I did remember to check up on Cooper and I am sad to read he is still having problems. I am no expert, but I say do the scope and rule something more serious out!

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

any updates??
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 -- hey Meg, I know how frustrated you are and I am sorry if i repeat anything that is already in the thread, but we went through this with Nitshcke when he was about 8 - 12 months... he turned out to be allergic to rice, which was in every food we were giving him, even the bland diet. here are pictures of his face before we knew of the rice allergy and after.... he also was constantly getting cyst until we stopped the rice. Not say Coop is allergic to rice, but he may be allergic to something else in the food that Sandra (@cowsmom) has suggested.

not sure why -- but I am not able to load any pictures... I'll try again later
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    I haven't had much time to be online these past few days so I'm late to this. I'm sorry so Coop is sick again. Maybe he just has a virus? Have they done any blood work?
    Yes I have had blood test and xray done twice in 2 weeks by 2 different vets. He did have an infection in the beginning but now his blood test i normal.....he didn't throw up today! I feel bad cuz I have had family staying here from out of state so we have been busy and haven't been home much. I know he misses me cuz he is all over me when I am home. Wanted to sit on my lap, playing rough, and lot of kisses

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    @Cooper11 -- hey Meg, I know how frustrated you are and I am sorry if i repeat anything that is already in the thread, but we went through this with Nitshcke when he was about 8 - 12 months... he turned out to be allergic to rice, which was in every food we were giving him, even the bland diet. here are pictures of his face before we knew of the rice allergy and after.... he also was constantly getting cyst until we stopped the rice. Not say Coop is allergic to rice, but he may be allergic to something else in the food that Sandra (@cowsmom) has suggested.

not sure why -- but I am not able to load any pictures... I'll try again later

Yes would love pic!! And I don't care if you repeat questions I have already answered. It would take a long time to read every comment. I know I am wondering about allergies too and thinking maybe I should just do the allergy test and if I have to have it done later on again so be it. I am for sure he is allergic to something outside. I haven't been home much these last few days and when I get home his face looks really good other than these eye boogers that came out of nowhere and they are bad! His face just looks a light pink and he looks good but once he starts going outside he gets red and his one eye water a lot! No throwing up today!!! But he also didn't eat that much. I am suppose to slowly add more daily but once I started thinking he was better and adding more was when he threw up. I am going to call vet tomorrow to see if I can get him in to look at cysts and talk about tummy and weigh him. I am afraid he may be losing weight!! Thank You for taking the time to give me advice and ask about Coop. You all mean so much to me!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads