Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cooper throwing up again!

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cooper throwing up again!

I'm so sorry you and Cooper are having to go through this! We're hoping you find an answer soon!!!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I'm going to tag @BabyDuke..she had a very serious issue with her Duke..if it were me..I'd come from the place..that something serious is going on..try to figure it out..X-rays..maybe ultra sound..the scoping? But if it's an obstruction..it can behave very strangely. Also @Jack Daniels
    I have had 2 sets of blood work done by 2 different vets and 2 sets of xrays done by 2 different vets. I have spent over $700 in less than 2 weeks....I'm not concerned about the money thing I just want it figured out!! Thy said maybe scope down his throat and they put this fluid in him to see if his intestines and his food is going down right or if there is a blockage. I fed him 2 hours ago but didn't give him a lot. He has kept it down and I also soaked his feet in the tub with pson salt for 10 minutes for his cyst! I am just so wanting a fix. I was excited because this food and meds were finally helping. I am hoping it was just a fluke today and he just ate to fast or was upset that I was leaving again even though it was only to go down the street! Cooper is all I talk about and I am sure that my hubbies sister and kids think I am crazy, weird, and obsessed with my dog. I keep talking about cooper, his cyst, throwing up, and my EBN!! lol

Becky his face is so red. I am trying to concentrate on the tummy right now but his face bugs me so much. I have actually gotten rid of the tear stains but his eye folds are so red and raw thy look like they hurt. I am doing everything to keep his one side dry and nothing is helping. I know he has an allergy to something outside cuz he will wake up looking good and as the day goes on he gets redder and redder. But I just want to fix one problem at a time! I just feel so bad cuz I already feel like I'm not feeding him enough, no treats, no bones, nothing but this canned food and now the throwing up comes back,...We will see what tonight and tomorrow brings!

Cooper11

@2BullyMama I noticed the limp last night on our walk. I thought maybe he was stiff or the road was bothering him or maybe even that I was seeing things and going crazy. We have family from out of state here and they came right after our walk and I felt bad cuz all my attention was on him. When we got home I really noticed the limp. it's not horrible looks like his leg is stiff...he does have a cyst on that foot I actually think he may ahev several and on all his paws. Read what I wrote becky above too about his face!

They have done xrays twice by 2 different vets and they came back fin. The scope is the last and final option for him. I just really didn't want to put him through that.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    cooper11 I am so sorry hon, I know you have been going through this for weeks, I wish I could help but hopefully someone here can. My thoughts are with you.
    (PS, Have you talked to the person you got him from? Have they possibly had other dogs with issues like this?)
    I did facebook the breeder and they are awesome! I can call them anytime As far as the tummy thing goes the vet said nothing so far wold b genetics or passed down from his parents. I wrote on their wall and asked if anyone was having same problems and 1 person said their bully throws up here and there but feeding him at night helped. Didn't help Coop though! And their bully is not from the same littler as Coop. I have contact with a few of Coops litter mates family and none of them have tummy issues. He was fine. Perfect no problems than all th sudden they are coming at me left and right!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Poor Coop... has the vet called to ask how he's doing? Are they pushing you to do the scope?

Cooper11

@Watson @wheezer @gunnyboy @MamaAndi @jeanico @ChanelnBrutus

Thank everyone. i am thinking the scope needs to be done too. No one could have gave him anything because I was with him all day.....o wait my sister in law gave him a treat in the morning and I told her that was fine but he can't have any. He threw up probably 10 hours after and from what the vet said if its not within an hour of him eating its not the food. But them he threw the dog food up so I just get more and more confused! No one could have given him anything when he was in kennel cuz no on was here and b4 he was put in kennel I was watching him. After he threw up we went outside and I had him on the leash and he so wanted to eat the grass and did and kept trying to get to the grass to eat it. Vet said they eat grass to make themself throw up because they are having tummy pains!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to hear about Coop. If he is allergic to something could that be the cause of the vomiting as well? I truly hope he get's better soon. It must be so frustrating.

Cooper11

@bulliemommi
    No not pushing m to do the scope. I talked to the vet receptionist today and everything was good....Coop threw up at 630 so they were closed. If anything I was pushing them to do the scope last week when h was throwing up the meds they gave me but they told m to stop all human food and treats and give the cannd food they gave me....that worked and no throwing up! Til tonight. I am hoping it was just a fluke...either he ate to fast (cuz he does) or he was upset thinking I was leaving the house again. he ate later tonight and has kept it down! I will call vet tomorrow. Not only the tummy but now I have to deal with the cyst on his feet and his eye!

@RiiSi Not thinking the throwing up is an allergy because it doesn't matter what he eats he throw up. And when his tummy is empty he he throwing up the yellow tummy stuff!

Thanks you guys really means a lot that you all take the time to respond and help me! Thanks for worrying about Coop as much as i do

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

no advice, but 's for you and Cooper!
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I hope Cooper gets well soon!!

When Dozer was throwing up we had to feed him really slow. I am not sure how you have been feeding him but we basically kept taking his dish away every 3 seconds...took around 10-15 mins to feed him his plate to slow him down so he can digest it....did you try that? I know it's frustrating but hang in there and you have the good members of EBN here for you always!
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 03-20-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Meg..do you have a veterinary teaching hospital near you?? Or an animal specialty group that teaches? They are the best for diagnosing and have thee latest tests and equipment. Usually at a much reduced charge. If you do..they usually will see you right away. We had to take our Rottie to one and they were absolutely amazing. I'd start there...

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Oh I am so sorry just getting to you and so sorry you are going through all of this..
    Yes Duke had a really freaky thing happen. We had him to th ER vet twice he would not stop throwing up and then one morning he actually passed a toy he ate 3 months prior through his bowel! so I think maybe I would do the scope at this point..
    After you get the belly settled please let me know how things are as we are also allergy fighting warriors and Duke has been down that road too with the swollen paws, red face etc.. we ended up taking him to a dermatologist and found out he was allergic to wool. are you giving him any benadryl or zrtec? we give Duke Zrtec every other day.

Please keep us posted. I wish I had more info to give you but it is so hard when you don't know what it is..

Big Hugs

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads