Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well our beautiful BeBe had to be spayed tonight. She got pyometra. I got home this afternoon and took them out side to do their business. Well when she came onto the patio I noticed her rear was wet and she had a several discharges. I did not like the color of it so we called our vet and he said to bring her in. Once he examined her he confirmed our fears and said yes it was pyometra. So he scheduled her for surgery right away. About an hour after we got home he called and said she was out of surgery and doing fine. he will keep her tomorrow or until Wednesday just depends how she does. Dr. Dykeman said if she eats tomorrow she can come home if she doesn't eat he will keep her until she does. He knew we wanted to breed her one more time and said we can treat her for this condition but it is very hard on them and it requires her to stay in the hospital for at least a week or so, plus there is no guaranty it won't come back in a few months. Usually it doesn't come back until after their next heat cycle. We did not want to take a chance with her health and decided to go with the spaying. She has blessed us with some beautiful pups, but she is done. my babies health comes first. So we are hoping to bring her home tomorrow.

My BeBe

DSCN0122.jpg

Last edited:

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Awww, poor Bebe. I am just so happy you realized something was wrong and were able to get her taken care of right away. I agree, she comes first and you did the right thing!!! :) Hope she's able to be home with you soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: 's and prayers for Miss BeBe's quick recovery! You're a great bully Papa

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh so beautiful. Will be praying for bebe. Yes the health comes first. Hope you can bring her home tomorrow.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
:begging:prayers for bebe's safe return and recovery

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww..David...I'm so sorry sweet BeBe is in the hospital. But I'm soooo relieved she has you for her Dad..and I know what's truly important to you. And so does Beautiful BeBe. She will come home..be a healthy happy Bully and the Queen "B" around your place. Kudos..David....you make my heart happy..and it's been pretty sad lately! :hug:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am so glad you caught it, if I remember, that can go to a emergency condition very quickly and is very dangerous. Kudos for you dad to know what to look for.
I hope she comes home soon and I know she will get lots of extra loving!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
So sorry for your beautiful BeBe, but you are so right on, her health is the most important thing! Prayers and positive thoughts are headed BeBe's way!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Poor babe, hope she gets to come home soon. It really stinks having them away!

OP
Davidh

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks everyone, I will keep you posted when she comes home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She is so lucky to have you as a papa David!! Thank you for making the right choice for her recovery. Hope she feels better tomorrow so she can come home but I know she is in good hands with your vet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.