Do we need to go to Emergency Room????????????????/

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So Brutus was playing outside with my moms boxer and they were running around! Brutus kept slamming his body into things as usual and they kept running into eachother! Well I didnt think anything of it b.c they were playing...Well when we went inside I looked at Brutus's eye and noticed a red area. Its not a lump its flat but the bottom of his eye has a red patch! I posted a picture and there is no swelling like Cherry Eye! Its not near the gland! Can someone please give me some advice...I was going to take him to the Emergency Room but dont want to spend 275$ just for them to check him unless its severe and necessary! Can this wait until tommorow when the normal vet can see him???? IMG_1118.jpg

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
might just be a burst blood vessel. people have them in their eyes and it might be red for life, but im not sure if it is something that will get worse or require medical attention. not an expert though.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
I think he just popped a blood vessel. It happens when they are over excited or stressed. I don't think this is an emergency situation. But would get him there tmrw to see what your vet can do to help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So Brutus was playing outside with my moms boxer and they were running around! Brutus kept slamming his body into things as usual and they kept running into eachother! Well I didnt think anything of it b.c they were playing...Well when we went inside I looked at Brutus's eye and noticed a red area. Its not a lump its flat but the bottom of his eye has a red patch! I posted a picture and there is no swelling like Cherry Eye! Its not near the gland! Can someone please give me some advice...I was going to take him to the Emergency Room but dont want to spend 275$ just for them to check him unless its severe and necessary! Can this wait until tommorow when the normal vet can see him???? View attachment 18683

Nah... looks like a broken blood vessel.... see how it is in the morning any swelling may need a vet visit, but not the ER

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]
yeah, he popped a blood vessel, it will most likely go away on its own. we see it in people every once in a while. my mom had this and it went away on its own.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I thought it looked like a broken blood vessel also...I would not take him to the ER tonight but I can only go off of what I see in the picture. Hope it gets better for you:pray: Keep us posted.

C

Cooper11

He was running so hard he popped a blood vessel.....I did this pushing my son out of my......aaaaa.....well you know! :blink:

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he like to play rough with my moms boxer and he always slams to the ground and wrestles and his face is always hitting something! He is acting normal no extra tearing or a lot of blinking so it doesnt look uncomfortalble for him! I just got nervous bc its his eye

[MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION] Thanks buddy! I was freaking out until you guys told me this! I just didnt want to drive 1 hr and pay that money if it was something that could wait until tommorow morning! Anything I could do????

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
No need for an emergency visit. Just a popped blood vessel.

[MENTION=3904]Poppy[/MENTION] [MENTION=164]APRIL[/MENTION]nmarie thanks so much! I am a worry wart!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Thanks guys! Yea hubby said the same thing but I needed my family here to confirm to me it wasnt serious! He is running around right now like a mad man so I had to put him in the crate for a little to relax...I dont want him to make it worse

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama he like to play rough with my moms boxer and he always slams to the ground and wrestles and his face is always hitting something! He is acting normal no extra tearing or a lot of blinking so it doesnt look uncomfortalble for him! I just got nervous bc its his eye

This is why we are all here.... for when we get nervous and want to spaz-out - then someone here brings us back to reality.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
This is why we are all here.... for when we get nervous and want to spaz-out - then someone here brings us back to reality.

Omg and thank god for that! I have seen this before in people but b/c its my baby and there eye problems I got nervous and me the worry wart I am this site keeps me in check! LOL Thanks again for everything I appreciate it

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've actually had this!! Just a burst blood vessel. Didn't even hurt and I wasn't doing anything in particular. It faded away after a week or two but it sure freaked everybody out because the entire white part of my eye was blood red!!!:ohmy:

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I've actually had this!! Just a burst blood vessel. Didn't even hurt and I wasn't doing anything in particular. It faded away after a week or two but it sure freaked everybody out because the entire white part of my eye was blood red!!!:ohmy:

Yeah its definatley not pretty and thats what makes it so scary at first! I was thinking omg what if this triggers something else now..you know the worry sets in! But like others said You all reassure me and snap me back to reality! Thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.