Why?

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
What is it that makes us love these bullies so much, we cater to their needs, buy them things they wont play with, take them to the doctor more than we go,make them happy and comfortable , feed them a well balanced diet, when is the last time we cooked the family a nourishing dinner, when will we stop worrying about about whether they are too hot or too cold, when will we stop talking about them to anyone who will listen? do we let our children sleep with us like we do our Bullies, sometimes I wonder but not for too long! is it physiological is it filling an empty part of us, For me all these things are something I truly love to do for my boy and I wouldnt change anything about it for the world. I hope I make him as happy as he makes me , and when I pass I hope hes waiting there for me .:hmm:

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
I don't know why either and I'm sure my hubby wonders the same thing......he is soo neglected! I guess maybe us bully owners are a breed of our own:loveeyes:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Bullys are sent from heaven to make us all feel complete ............ :yes:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
my students told me last week that i talk about my bullies more than my daughter!!:cry: granted, she is in halifax at university...

once my husband said that relationships between humans and animals is deeper than human relationships, and in a sense they are. as much as we talk to our babies, there is a necessary unspoken communication that is sort of unexplainable. that, and animals live in the present. always. and as a result, keep us in the present. they love us just because it is natural to do so...such a beautiful thing.:assurred:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my so true. i do for sarah and my bostons more than i do for my bf. i special cook for her. spend hours scouring the net looking for something to feed her. if she lifts her head im like what? always ready to do whatever she needs. geez what happened to me i didnt used to be like this:blink:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Maybe it’s the fact that they love us unconditionally, make us laugh, are there when we are sad or don’t feel well, don’t care what we are wearing, what our hair looks like, if we have make-up on, or if we have the latest gadget that is out. All they want in return is to be with us and be loved by us.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Maybe it’s the fact that they love us unconditionally, make us laugh, are there when we are sad or don’t feel well, don’t care what we are wearing, what our hair looks like, if we have make-up on, or if we have the latest gadget that is out. All they want in return is to be with us and be loved by us.
They are always glad to see us!

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I've had other dogs before, these guys are different somehow, it's like we have a connection to each other and speak the same language sort of. I can look at either of my dogs and pretty much tell what is going through their heads.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
:hmm: EAZY PEAZY....WE are the normal ones..Everybully else missed the boat. :yes:

I'll :beer: to that! I was doing my marketing the other day and there was a "sample lady" who happened to be in the way of a product I wanted. She noticed I had three boxes of kitty litter and asked "You have cats?" I said yes and she said she had 8! Well we proceeded to talk "cat" and about how much we love our pets and how much we do for them and how no-pet people judge us...well I had to go and find hubby in the store so I tried to depart and that poor sample lady almost followed me down the aisle thanking me over and over about talking to her about this subject and it made me feel glad that I had EBN...where we all are "on the same boat with our :bully:s."

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I totally agree with everyone! I love my pitbull and she loves me but there is something about these bullies...:love:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I agree with everybody...they love us no matter what. Humans can tend to be a bit flakey but not our dogs! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.