Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: What does everybody think of Wellness food? And protein for puppies?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

Default What does everybody think of Wellness food? And protein for puppies?

Hi all,
    I'm feeding bongo Wellness not core just the normal super5 puppy mix any thoughts on the Wellness brand?
    Also I've heard from another of sources that you shouldn't feed you puppy bullie puppy food because te protein is too high often around 28%.
    and bullies grow fast so to high protein is not good any thoughts on this?
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What does everybody think of Wellness food? And protein for puppies?

@cowsmom @desertskybulldogs -- can help on the protein question. There is also informtion in the nutrition section -- two articles food ratings and food recommendations.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Sally (RIP 3/14/16), Wilson & Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What does everybody think of Wellness food? And protein for puppies?

I had Wilson on Wellness (not Core) when I first got him. He did wonderful on it. He had some soft stools but looking back now it was due to his teething and not the food. I liked it. I like to keep Wilson around 26-28% protein so I think the 28% is just fine. I would have gone to the Core but by the time Petsmart got it I had made a switch over to the Blue Buffalo line. I'm now in the process of transitioning over to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast for Wilson (and Emma my little one). I know some have their bullies on a higher protein but their bullies are also way more active than mine.

Here's the link to the dog food ratings.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...d-ratings-219/

Also, to EBN!!! Jump right on in and make yourself and Bongo at home. Oh and another thing, pictures of Bongo please!!!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily & Lola(frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

my bully did great on wellness, i also tried the wellness core when she was older and she did good on it also, but i guess she got bored of it so i had to switch, right now we're giving Taste of the Wild a try.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

We had Brutus on Solid Gold puppy until about 8 months..Alot of members had given me great advice to switch to all stages food and I am so happy I did. All stages can be started as early as 3-4 mnths... Brutus was pooping a lot and the wasnt as hard as I would like well since the switch to Fromm Beef Frittata Ive noticed good changes..I really like Fromm b/c you can switch through the different flavors without slow tranisition...Also remember what works for some doesnt work for all! Oh and we Love pictures !
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Remove Ads