What does everybody think of Wellness food? And protein for puppies?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,
I'm feeding bongo Wellness not core just the normal super5 puppy mix any thoughts on the Wellness brand?
Also I've heard from another of sources that you shouldn't feed you puppy bullie puppy food because te protein is too high often around 28%.
and bullies grow fast so to high protein is not good any thoughts on this?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] -- can help on the protein question. There is also informtion in the nutrition section -- two articles food ratings and food recommendations.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I had Wilson on Wellness (not Core) when I first got him. He did wonderful on it. He had some soft stools but looking back now it was due to his teething and not the food. I liked it. I like to keep Wilson around 26-28% protein so I think the 28% is just fine. I would have gone to the Core but by the time Petsmart got it I had made a switch over to the Blue Buffalo line. I'm now in the process of transitioning over to Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast for Wilson (and Emma my little one). I know some have their bullies on a higher protein but their bullies are also way more active than mine.

Here's the link to the dog food ratings.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content/dog-food-ratings-219/

Also, :welcome: to EBN!!! Jump right on in and make yourself and Bongo at home. Oh and another thing, pictures of Bongo please!!! :D

lilythebully

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Lola(frenchie)
my bully did great on wellness, i also tried the wellness core when she was older and she did good on it also, but i guess she got bored of it so i had to switch, right now we're giving Taste of the Wild a try.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We had Brutus on Solid Gold puppy until about 8 months..Alot of members had given me great advice to switch to all stages food and I am so happy I did. All stages can be started as early as 3-4 mnths... Brutus was pooping a lot and the :poo: wasnt as hard as I would like well since the switch to Fromm Beef Frittata Ive noticed good changes..I really like Fromm b/c you can switch through the different flavors without slow tranisition...Also remember what works for some doesnt work for all! Oh and we Love pictures !

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.