Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I can't really see too well in that pic, doesn't look like there is any. Then again I am on my iPod, maybe I could see better on my pc.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] oh i could write a book on them things to as sarah used to have them on all 4 paws. one on toe she had 3 on top of each other grrr. now she has none. :D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] im coming to think that these things are linked to allergies. i used to think it was just food and i do think that is a big culprit. once i stopped feeding sarah food she was allergic to they went away. now she still has redness between her toes and sometimes looks like she wants to get one and thats why i think maybe environmental also plays into it to. ive had people tell me their bully had them last summer and never had them before. alot of people here wipe their bullies down when they come inside from outside. they say it helps and i have done this with my bostons and it does help alot. i soak sarahs feet in chloraseb shampoo twice a week but the vet said 3 times a week was better. its ketoconazole and chlorhexidine. i think mal-a-ket shampoo is pretty much that with one other thing. it really helps them and her yeast. also ive found that lotrimin powder also helps alot. even on the redness underneath. its fungal powder and its dried it up. thats my deal with it. it is bacteria as the vet scraped it. but antibiotics never really helped sarah much. i dont bother with it no more. if i think of something else ill post it.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Read my post on cyst study they say its from a strain of staph bacteria, Im just releived that after all these years their going away Clindamycin is the only thing that helped Gunny.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Cowsmom I tried every antibotic that man had to offer and Clindamycin took them right away.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Read my post on cyst study they say its from a strain of staph bacteria, Im just releived that after all these years their going away Clindamycin is the only thing that helped Gunny.
while i agree with you its bacteria i said it was as the vet did a scrape. but i did not need antibiotics to get rid of sarahs cysts. thats all im saying. they went away when i stopped feeding her stuff she was allergic to and several bully owners here have had the same thing. so that why i believe they are caused by allergies. not saying its not bacteria cause it is. just have a different view as to how they get here. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Nitschke suffered with these dirty ba$tards -- my vet stated they are a bacteria which is caused by allergies, the antibiotic worked till we were able to identify his allergies... once we got rice and diary (we were using cheese for pills) out of his diet and started washing his paws in the spring/summer with epsom salts.... he never got another one and did noy need antibiotics anymore.

C

Cooper11

Thanks [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=4277]gunnyboy[/MENTION] have you ever did an allergy test on gunny?????

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Nigel had inter digital cysts, it seemed like they would start up when I would walk him on hard surface ( we usually go run around at the lake). Showed them to his vet and vet said he had to remove them surgically, so we did that & he hasn't had any since. Cost about $200.00, and Nigel had to be on pain medication for about 5 days.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Nigel had inter digital cysts, it seemed like they would start up when I would walk him on hard surface ( we usually go run around at the lake). Showed them to his vet and vet said he had to remove them surgically, so we did that & he hasn't had any since. Cost about $200.00, and Nigel had to be on pain medication for about 5 days.
now thats interesting ive never heard of them being removed surgically. wow. im glad it worked:D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online