Fulminator now dandruff??

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Furminator now dandruff??

I used the furminator the other day for the first time and now I noticed some dandruff... Is there something I should be doing? I'm scared to try it again so I don't make it worse, is there a shampoo I should use, I've been avoiding baths basically just a quick spray say twice in 3 weeks when it was so muddy as the snow melted.Want to use the furminator again just don't want more dandruff.

Last edited:
C

Cooper11

Never heard of a fulminator :eek: darn spell check lol! I don't think that the furminator caused the dandruff! :) he has it and if anything the furminator is just getting the dead hair from his body and the dead skin is coming up too. I actually remember when I first started using the furminator on Coop i noticed the same thing but as for my experience I noticed it a few times but it never got worse. It more showed in the hair that was coming off of him than actually on his body. I am no epert but I think the furminator will help him to get that dead fur and skin off. I would use it a few more times and see because I didn't think Coop had dry skin either until I used that and I still don't think it is a problem what so ever! We will see what others say though! :)

C

Cooper11

O I just read your bath comment too! maybe that is your problem too He needs a bath. I usually try to give coop a bath once a month but I know that some bath even more depending on their skin, fur, smell and so on.....He may just need a deep scrubbing in a bath. Oatmeal based shampoo!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Will try a bath "with soap" and continue the furminator and see what happens.

Anyone have an amazon recommendation for a good shampoo or is it like food and have to find one that works.

C

Cooper11

Will try a bath "with soap" and continue the furminator and see what happens.

Anyone have an amazon recommendation for a good shampoo or is it like food and have to find one that works.

I know they say anything that has the oatmeal cuz that is best for bulldogs skin! I get mine from my groomer for my brusells. I can't find it online but I love it and it smells awesome. I bet if you search shampoo there has been a thread on it! :)

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny gets dandruff once in awhile so I give him a good bath after I rinse him, I rub some olive oil on him and then rinse again, keeps the dandruff away for awhile and makes his coat soft and shinny.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Note to self, use the furminator the same way the hair sits... I was using it backwards doh! Watched a YouTube video and got it now, lol what an idiot.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We use Selsen Blue on HRH followed by Oster Oatmeal shampoo for dogs. (because I don't like the smell of the Selsen blue) however we just got a new bottle of Selsen blue that is clear and smells citrusy haven't tried it yet though, but probably will without the oatmeal just to see how it works alone on her next bath.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Fish Oil will help with dry skin also. I use a prescription shampoo for allergies for Vegas.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I wouldn't of thought to use it on a short haired dog... Maybe it.would help... Lol

I use bark2basics oatmeal and i love it. Its a high consecrate shampoo i should be ordering some conditioner today or tomorrow.

So does it help alot that is the furminator that is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
i need to get a furminator

I was reading a website and there is a guy in Louisiana i think that makes his from 30blades on a hammer neck. He.swears they out live the furminator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
do bullies need a furminator?! i thought it was only for dogs with an undercoat.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
do bullies need a furminator?! i thought it was only for dogs with an undercoat.

All dogs with fur have an undercoat.... dogs with hair have to get a hair cut.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.