another food questions!!

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
The last 3 days or so, Howard has been devouring his food, licking the bowl clean, and trying to steal Lucy's food! Previously he always left a bit of kibble in his bowl. I have been feeding him 3/4 of a cup 3 times a day. My questions is, should I add more? I don't want to overfeed but want to make sure he's getting all he needs. He doesn't get too much in between meals. He's still pretty young - 9 1/2 weeks old. He just got weighed at the vet and was 14 pounds. And I swear he got bigger in the last day!!! Thanks :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I hope [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] or one of the other breeders sees this. To ME, who knows little about puppies, it doesn't sound like you are feeding a lot.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
it seems a little too little for him. I think most little puppies around here get 4 cups per day of food

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I am new to the breed and someone may come along with much more knowledge than me, but my baby is 14 weeks and that is the amount I feed. The vet said IF he still acts hungry after eating I could increase to a cup. Does your baby gobble his food in a rush? Tank did at that age, so I started using a feeding ball in his dish to slow him down. When he started eating slower, he seemed more satisfied and didnt want more.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can increase it a little, but if he eats it really fast, may try a slow feel bowl or the ball, to slow him down a bit. You should not be able to see his ribs but should be able to feel them with medium pressure. I would rather over feed a young pup than not feed enough. Usually you can tell if you are feeding too much if their poop is almost runny all the time. Plus at that age I would be feeding 4 times a day if possible, until about 5 months old.

OP
Howardsmom

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Thanks everyone! I might increase it to a cup at each feeding and see how he does. I know he' a growing boy :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.