Allergy panel results and dental done!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I totally agree if their isnt anything in Fromm Beef Frittatta that he isnt allergic to i would try it out! I switched Brutus about 1 month ago and have seen great results...Im so glad all went well !

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thanks for that, I will go look it up now. I was actually just looking at
[h=3]Meadow Feast Grain Free-Lamb Dry Dog Food by Earthborn Holistics[/h]
Does anyone here use this one?

I use this food, I switched a month ago from Natures's Variety Instinct Salmon to Meadow Feast Grain Free Bison. Vegas has done very well on the food, but his allergies are still out of control. One week ago today I had a full allergy screening done, hopefully we will find out the results this week. I am positive all his allergies are environmental. We live in Florida and did not have a winter, right now everything is blooming. My back yard had daisys even popping up right now. I am debating the shots as well, I think he will just be a benedryl/zertec bully.

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Thanks for letting me know. Sadly Fromm Beef Frittata has potato listed as its 4th ingredient. I'm not going to buy that when he's allergic to potato, but thanks for the rec.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@bulliemommi i know im late to this but the earthborn is a good choice. cant go wrong with it. let us know how if you choose this one or i can look some more up for you. also i think the earthborn great plains feast will work to. lots of members have been having good results with it. nvi limited ingredient will work also:D

Last edited:
OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@bulliemommi i know im late to this but the earthborn is a good choice. cant go wrong with it. let us know how if you choose this one or i can look some more up for you. also i think the earthborn great plains feast will work to. lots of members have been having good results with it. nvi limited ingredient will work also:D

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] Thanks again for looking into this for me. I just ordered from Pet Flow and decided on the Meadow Feast, just because I didn't want to take a chance on the bison since he wasn't tested for that and is allergic to gamier things like duck and venison. Does anyone know how fast they ship? I was really happy with Mr. Chewey - they shipped free quickly but they don't carry this brand right now. I also ordered Instinct Grain-Free Dog Biscuits with Lamb Meal, Carrots and Mint - because Mr. D. likes his biscuits, and once I started giving him one (the ones I have he loves sadly, Publix brand (Milkbones gave him diarrhea) are mainly wheat but do have Barley, which is now on the No No list) before bed and one in the morning, he doesn't ever throw up that bile stuff he used to occasionally.
[MENTION=3445]Meggs19[/MENTION] - have you ever considered a food with lamb? I don't hear a lot about lamb allergies, but I could be wrong.... Even though it's junk (I know this now), our bully didn't do so horribly on the Iams Lamb and Rice, it's only now that's he's 5 that we've seen sudden issues all at once, poor guy.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4447]bulliemommi[/MENTION]e i think they ship pretty fast sometimes then sometimes they are a bit slower. depends. also you may want to check out where the nvi biscuits are made as i believe their canned food is made in a plant in china and their rabbit comes from china. not sure about biscuits and maybe it doesnt bother you just throwing it out there. :D

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@bulliemommie i think they ship pretty fast sometimes then sometimes they are a bit slower. depends. also you may want to check out where the nvi biscuits are made as i believe their canned food is made in a plant in china and their rabbit comes from china. not sure about biscuits and maybe it doesnt bother you just throwing it out there. :D

@cowsmom Aw, that is a shame, they were the only brand that had biscuits that did not contain any of his allergens. If you know of any other brand of biscuits that don't contain anything in his No No list, please let me know. I also added them on so I'd get the free shipping and also so I'd have biscuits for him. I have half a huge10 lb bag of biscuits here - I wonder if my vet would take them, since they've been opened? I'd hate throwing it away.
When you say the time varies, do you have an average length? He's getting low on the IAMs and I will want to mix them both for a while and I AM NOT buying anymore of that junk, lol!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im trying to remember how long it took me. like a week but some get it as fast as a few days. well their biscuits may not be from there ill have to check so dont throw anything out yet.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am very sorry I missed the potatoes in it! Dang Fresh Russets threw me off. I also feed two of my bullies Earthborn Holistic and very pleased with it as well :)

I am west coast and it takes 2-3 days to get my petflow, sometimes even quicker.

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@cowsmom - hehe, well, I just paid for them so I wasn't going to throw out the new biscuit I just ordered, but the ones I have half a bag of that he shouldn't be eating, I am going to call the vet and see if they'd want them. I have some unopened treats I had ordered from Mr. Chewy too that will also need to go as well. I am practically a vegetarian, so I hate to see foods with animal protein wasted - I understand and have no problem feeding animal protein to my pets, but I wouldn't want an animal killed to be thrown in the trash. I still have this 28 lb bag of Natural Balance that I've opened I don't know what to do with. I wouldn't want to bring it to the shelter and it make any of their animals sick. It's a shame. I just don't have the heart to chuck it out even though I am not feeding it to Mr. D after reading what I read and the fact he didn't like it and it gave him runny poo.

@desertskybulldogs = no worries and thanks for your help! It's hard keeping all of this food straight. I never would have found Earthborn holisitics if it hadn't been for you guys! I just hope it works out for him and we get it soon.

He's doing great today and had a nice drink of water when he got up this morning. Has a good appetite and seems happy. He's getting a pain pill every 12 hrs for 3 days after today - I wonder if they make him loopy. His eyes looked so crazy last night, like he was high still from the anesthesia/valium or the pain pill I gave him at 8 PM too. :laugh: ETA: Andf when I first got him home, he wasn't wobbly or anything, but kept standing facing the door that leads out the garage, which he never does. The at one point he was standing facing a wall in the dining room, just standing there. It was so weird. I ended up putting him in his kennel for a bit where he rested for a few hours before dinner.

Last edited:
OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Im so glad all went well !

Thank you for your well wishes!! @ChanelnBrutus

@desertskybulldogs Yes, they have checked him for mites in the past and also recently, the skin scrape was negative. He is allergic to dust mites but the SO is a clean freak and bleaches everything, and we have porcelain tile in the house so don't think it's much in the house, I hope. He is allergic it noted, to orris, highly, which it listed as something found in the home. Not sure what that is in, but we def. don't have any potpourri lying around...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you for your well wishes!! @ChanelnBrutus

@desertskybulldogs Yes, they have checked him for mites in the past and also recently, the skin scrape was negative. He is allergic to dust mites but the SO is a clean freak and bleaches everything, and we have porcelain tile in the house so don't think it's much in the house, I hope. He is allergic it noted, to orris, highly, which it listed as something found in the home. Not sure what that is in, but we def. don't have any potpourri lying around...

I hope the new food works well, please keep us posted.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
orris is used in perfumes,pot pourri and generaly smelly stuff used around the home,i cant put my perfume on in the house cos if i do annie starts sneezing ,and no its not the cheap stuff lol ,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.