Cooper chewing on nothing

C

Cooper11

I just caught keeper chewing on something or so I thought. He was really chewing pretty good but when I went digging in his mouth there was nothing. He probably did this for 2 minutes. He would stop when I put my hand in his mouth and when I would take it out he would start chewing again like 3 seconds later.....Is this a tremor or what else could it be!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I really hope that I was wrong! Im glad you started the thread so everyone can give some advice!!! It just sounds really familiar from what the dr told us to look out for when Brutus had his seziures after surgery bc they didnt know if it was sezuire or tremors! I have seen a couple videos on it and it sounds like it! It could be nothing and I pray that it is! Im sure others will be here soon to tell me how wrong I am!!!

kaikousha

Jan 25, 2012
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor & Odin
What! Thor does this all the time. I always just figured whatever it was was lost in his mouth skin. Although that could be bad too...

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Did u run ur hand around the jowls and in the flaps. Our boys do the chew thing and we usually find something hidden under a flAp

OP
C

Cooper11

Did u run ur hand around the jowls and in the flaps. Our boys do the chew thing and we usually find something hidden under a flAp

O believe me I always find it if he has something. I rubbed up down under over everywhere...there was nothing and if there was it wouldn't have taken him that long to swallow it.....i thought maybe he had a hair in his mouth but then I googled it and it said could be a mild seizure

[MENTION=4152]kaikousha[/MENTION]

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] i know vegas has tremors....how did they start?

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Rudy is a master at hiding stuff (leaves, sticks or pcs of the wife's favorite wicker basket) in his mouth. Sometimes I don't find it until 5 minutes later when it is stuck to his upper lip and he has forgotten about it. Don't forget to check under the tongue. I sometimes think they have a pouch hidden in there, something like a hamster or a chipmunk. Double check to make sure he has plenty of fresh water.

OP
C

Cooper11

Rudy is a master at hiding stuff (leaves, sticks or pcs of the wife's favorite wicker basket) in his mouth. Sometimes I don't find it until 5 minutes later when it is stuck to his upper lip and he has forgotten about it. Don't forget to check under the tongue. I sometimes think they have a pouch hidden in there, something like a hamster or a chipmunk. Double check to make sure he has plenty of fresh water.

I am 100% positive he had nothing in his mouth. Believe me I had his tongue and out I lifted and felt under his top lip bottom lip basically shoved my hand down his throat and there was nothing in his mouth. And the way he was chewing he acted like it was right there like it would fall out of his mouth. He was doing the head nod like they do when they aare chewing and its just about gone and they don't want to drop it out of their mouth. I know he had nothing. There was nothing to get and there was nothing in his mouth.

I am not being rude my any means believe me I was feedback and comments from as many of you all as possible. But I am not questioning him having or not having something in his mouth I know for sure there was nothing. the only thing I think it could possibly of been was a hair but I am seriously doubting that also. I think I would have felt or pulled a little of it out the way I had my hand in his mouth. I have found tiny stuff in his mmouth before so I totally know where you all are coming from when you are thinking he might have been chewing on something but it is hidden in his mouth. But Cooper has been throwing up and sick for 2 weeks... you will see my past post about it so I have been watching him like a hawk and I know he didn't have anything. I am just more worried about a tremor because he isn't getting much nutrient because he keep throwing up and I don't want to miss any sign of a tremor if this is one of them!
Thank You all again! I truly appreciate it!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] i know vegas has tremors....how did they start?

My Vegas...aka VegasR (because he is red) has epilepsy. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]'s Vegas aka VegasB (because he is brindle) has had one episode of tremors. They started when his daddy aka BAD Joe, took stinky monkey from VegasB and pretended like he was sucking on it. This caused VegasB extreme anxiety and the tremors started. Since then, BAD Joe is not allowed to touch stinky monkey or Hussy Bear.

Now, my Vegas has had tremors also, usually during sleep. I think his are related to his epilepsy.

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]'s Maggie Meatball has suffered head tremors...over food. Simply offering her a carrot started the tremors.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just caught keeper chewing on something or so I thought. He was really chewing pretty good but when I went digging in his mouth there was nothing. He probably did this for 2 minutes. He would stop when I put my hand in his mouth and when I would take it out he would start chewing again like 3 seconds later.....Is this a tremor or what else could it be!

This could be a tremor.
VegasR does this, but they are called bubblegum fits. Basically, it's like he has something stuck to the roof of his mouth and he can't swallow it or dislodge it. His neurologist said this is a type of seizure.
2 videos of bubble gum fits.

Head tremors

Last edited:

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
This may sound crazy to you, but maybe Cooper is having reflux and trying to get rid of that taste. His vomiting might also be related to reflux. I am just wondering because reflux causes these issues with humans!

OP
C

Cooper11

This may sound crazy to you, but maybe Cooper is having reflux and trying to get rid of that taste. His vomiting might also be related to reflux. I am just wondering because reflux causes these issues with humans!

we are treating cooper for acid reflex right now......he is on some new meds........so we will see he threw the meds up yesterday so I have totally cut out all food for him and now I am just giving him the prescription canned food and so far so good....but he always throws up out of the blue Once I think he is doing better and we may have found the solution he throws up :( .I am just getting so frustrated. I am pretty sure I think he had a bubble gum tremor yesterday because he was doing what vegas was doing in the videos libra put on here

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] Ok so I truly believe he was having a bubblegum tremor that is exactly what he was doing and he was just standing still in a corner by his kennel doing this exact same thing.....i heard him smacking and ask what he had and then got up and searched his entire mouth probably 5 times and when I would take my hand out he would continue to do it. I am thinking his maybe caused by food Yesterday he ate and threw up and I called vet and he told me to give him only the canned bland dog food I gave him just a tiny bit so he really hadn't had much to eat....I hope that it was just caused by a food issue and he doesn't have anything else going on. Did Vegas start with the bubblegum and gradually get works as he got older???? I am going to call my vet later and tell him. I am so glad I found this site I would have had no clue that this is what was really happening I would have just put it off. He seems to be doing good I am going to be watching for the tremors and hopefully that will be his only and last one! Thank You!!!!! I love watching vegas even if its chomping :) Love him!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Im glad [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] came along as she gave me all the information , advice, and support I needed when Brutus had an episode! Hopefully it was just this one and thats it no more!!! I would definaltey talk to the vet and let her know what happen as this may be associated with the vomitting the last 2 weeks..Hope all goes well ...Talk to ya ssoon

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.