Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooper chewing on nothing

Cooper11

Default Re: Cooper chewing on nothing

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    This may sound crazy to you, but maybe Cooper is having reflux and trying to get rid of that taste. His vomiting might also be related to reflux. I am just wondering because reflux causes these issues with humans!
    we are treating cooper for acid reflex right now......he is on some new meds........so we will see he threw the meds up yesterday so I have totally cut out all food for him and now I am just giving him the prescription canned food and so far so good....but he always throws up out of the blue Once I think he is doing better and we may have found the solution he throws up .I am just getting so frustrated. I am pretty sure I think he had a bubble gum tremor yesterday because he was doing what vegas was doing in the videos libra put on here

Cooper11

@Libra926 Ok so I truly believe he was having a bubblegum tremor that is exactly what he was doing and he was just standing still in a corner by his kennel doing this exact same thing.....i heard him smacking and ask what he had and then got up and searched his entire mouth probably 5 times and when I would take my hand out he would continue to do it. I am thinking his maybe caused by food Yesterday he ate and threw up and I called vet and he told me to give him only the canned bland dog food I gave him just a tiny bit so he really hadn't had much to eat....I hope that it was just caused by a food issue and he doesn't have anything else going on. Did Vegas start with the bubblegum and gradually get works as he got older???? I am going to call my vet later and tell him. I am so glad I found this site I would have had no clue that this is what was really happening I would have just put it off. He seems to be doing good I am going to be watching for the tremors and hopefully that will be his only and last one! Thank You!!!!! I love watching vegas even if its chomping Love him!!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Im glad @Libra926 came along as she gave me all the information , advice, and support I needed when Brutus had an episode! Hopefully it was just this one and thats it no more!!! I would definaltey talk to the vet and let her know what happen as this may be associated with the vomitting the last 2 weeks..Hope all goes well ...Talk to ya ssoon
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 It sounds like you have worked out it was a bubble gum seizure. BUT here is the video of Maggie anyway having a head tremour .... just so that you have another example to compare it with!!

http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    @Cooper11 It sounds like you have worked out it was a bubble gum seizure. BUT here is the video of Maggie anyway having a head tremour .... just so that you have another example to compare it with!!

http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY
    Wow that is interesting! Thank you for sharing I can't believe she does that just by asking her if she wants a carrot. What did you vet say about this?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Wow that is interesting! Thank you for sharing I can't believe she does that just by asking her if she wants a carrot. What did you vet say about this?
    I'm lucky in that my vet recognises what one is .... you would be suprised how many people on EBN have said that their vet was not aware of the difference between head tremors and seizures.

I took that video over a year ago ... and since then she has only ever had one. If you search idiopathic head tremors on EBN you will see this mentioned quite a lot and there are various reasons given for it. Some people believe it to be head tremors, others believe it's caused by stress, anxiety or over-stimulation. There doesn't seem to be a "correct" answer to this one!!

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

How is Cooper? I hope is is feeling better! Keep us posted! Did you call the vet today? I am concerned about him!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 I am so sorry you have been so worried the last weeks, I just read this, just wanted to offer some for you and am thinking of you and your baby...

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    @Cooper11 I am so sorry you have been so worried the last weeks, I just read this, just wanted to offer some for you and am thinking of you and your baby...
    Awww.....Thank You! Today we have had a really good day. Vet advised me to only give him canned bland dog food and he has kept it down all day...well that I know of. I had to do some errands today and he got kenneled for about an hour and if he threw up while I was gone I have no clue cause he would have ate it I know! No more tremors either. I don't know what set that one off but today he is good even went for a walk with Gracie and Cooper.....I am going to post some pics because Gracie did not make it on the way back and I have some funny pics!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 .... how is the boy today?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 I am glad he had a good day - did you post pics somewhere? My SO used to take a wagon when he'd walk Mr. D when he was little - he'd usually end up in the wagon on the way back, lol.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    @Cooper11 I am glad he had a good day - did you post pics somewhere? My SO used to take a wagon when he'd walk Mr. D when he was little - he'd usually end up in the wagon on the way back, lol.
    @bulliemommi

Yes I put pics in the video and photo section....it is called Gracie first walk did not go so well or something like it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads