Boarding Question

BearNDown

Mar 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My wife and i went on a three day vacation, and after looking all around our area we decided on a place to board him. Its really more of a boarding/daycare place. Between 8am to 5pm the dogs are out and allowed to play while being watched. My question is when we got back (yesterday) he was not acting like himself. We expected him to be really tired from all the stimulation of other dogs and playing for a good portion of the day, which he was but he just was wierd. He was to himself and didnt want to sleep by my wife or i and he usually has to be sleeping on or near us. Even today he has been ultra sleepy all day long and not quite himself. Anyone else experience anything like this?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
there is another thread about this that is horrifying. we can never know what happens to our beloved bullies when left with other "humans".

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
While he was bored.... was he kenneled (crate) or open sleep area?

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny is like that when I leave him for a long period of time I come in the house and ya know how they give you that Bully evil eye and wont have anything to do with ya for an hour or so.It"s like him saying where ya been all day while I was all alone in this house

OP
BearNDown

BearNDown

Mar 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
they have kennels they sleep in they are 4 foot by 6 foot.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be he did not like sleeping without u and is upset by it. How is he today

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I am not sure why he'd be acting this way, but (and it may sound mean), we do *not* allow our bullie to play with other borders. They do ask and we always say no. Too many things could go wrong even with the most careful supervision. We ahave a place, though it's not cheap, where he has his own air conditioned "room" with a tile floor and bed and has its own little yard he can out to do his business. It's about $25 a day and you supply your own food, but worth it. He has always come back happy and healthy, and we love the lady who runs it. We had a bad experience with a place where he was in a run close to other dogs and we think they just hosed down the area to clean, because he ended up having hookworm very close after his stay there - I did the math and it seemed he 99% picked it up there. We were highly upset. You may want to contact this place and ask if there's anything you may need to know and you are concerned with your bullie's behavior. He could just be worn out, but I'd still check.

OP
BearNDown

BearNDown

Mar 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Well update, tank is at the vet today. Last night he became very lethargic and wouldnt drink much water. He also started drooling and he never drools. At first i thought it was the warmer weather because he hasnt been in high 70s low 80s weather but he continued to be the same way into the evening. He just is not himself. They did a check up and didn't find anything. They are doing blood work now. I am very worried and i hope my best friend is ok. my heart is just sunk and im shaking. He has been eating and pooping and peeing normally. I have watched him the whole time so i know he didn't eat anything he shouldnt have. :(

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well update, tank is at the vet today. Last night he became very lethargic and wouldnt drink much water. He also started drooling and he never drools. At first i thought it was the warmer weather because he hasnt been in high 70s low 80s weather but he continued to be the same way into the evening. He just is not himself. They did a check up and didn't find anything. They are doing blood work now. I am very worried and i hope my best friend is ok. my heart is just sunk and im shaking. He has been eating and pooping and peeing normally. I have watched him the whole time so i know he didn't eat anything he shouldnt have. :(

Awww, poor Tank. I hope it's nothing serious. Please keep us updated!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm sorry to hear about Tank, [MENTION=4477]BearNDown[/MENTION]. You were right to be concerned about heat with them; they can over heat so quickly. Hopefully the blood work will help you figure out what's going on with him.

OP
BearNDown

BearNDown

Mar 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank is home from the vet. As soon as he got to ride in the car he seemed to be doing better. he loves car rides. They took him in gave him an exam, did blood work. and everything came back fine. His temp was perfect, all his organ were ok, he ate and drank while there and didn't drool. He came home and was much more like himself maybe not the same sassy pup as before boarding but the vet said sometimes going to a daycare where they have alot of stimulus it actually changes there behavior and most times for the better. Whether that is true or not, he seems to be much better than yesterday. Going to keep a close eye on him and go from there. I think it might have been a combination of the stress from boarding and then the rise in temp together that made him this way or at least that is all i hope it is.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yay! Glad everything came out ok. :hug:to Tank!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.