Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do people feel the need to..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Howard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why do people feel the need to..

People are so rude! I took my skin babies to the park the other day and got to chatting with another mother. I mentioned that we had recently gotten an EB puppy. She proceeded to look shocked and tried to tell me to be careful because they are unpredictable and not good with children!!! Apparently she knew someone a long time ago that had one blah blah blah. I said well that's funny because if you google best dogs for kids, you'll see EBs in most of the articles as being wonderful with children and having a gentle nature. Ugggggggg
    Megan with EB Howard and Ori-Pei Lucy

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It drives me nuts!!! When I first got Dozer 98% of everyone i told went on to tell me all the cons of owning one...idk wtf is wrong with some people. Everyone thinks they are a professor when it comes to this stuff.

Cooper11

ummmmm...........they are just totally JEALOUS!!!! I haven't really had many people say this to me but we don't get out much lol. I did see some one had posted a pic of their bulldog on facebook and I was asking what kind it was and they said and mini olde and I said what is a mini olde I never heard of a mini.....she describe an olde english bulldog to me and proceeded to tell me the difference between her olde and an english that they have less health problems and this and that. I have no clue why she thought hers was a mini you would think a mini olde would be a regular english......who knows!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..I've got a story for you! I was in line at the post office at Christmas time... The wait was at least 45 minutes. Soooo who comes and gets in line behind me? My ex vet that I "fired" because of the way we were treated when we had to euthanize our sweet Rottie, Ana. (Long Story). Well, we hadn't really spoken since I cut the cord and moved on to a new vet. We started with small talk about the holidays..blah..blah..blah. Eventually the conversation turned to pets and she asked what we had in our menagerie now. I talked about Dena Dog, whom she knew, and the cats. Then I said, "Oh ya..we got our first puppy after 20 plus years!" She asked what we got, and the look on her face when I said English Bulldog, was priceless!! "Oh my gawwwwd," she exclaimed! "Are you crazy? Do you realize the health problems you have just purchased? Their eyes..their skin, their hips??". I let her go on and said yes, of course I was aware. We had done plenty of research and tried to get a healthy pup. How are his eyes?? She asked this at least 4 times! I informed her that he had been a very healthy guy and such a joy. She just kept shaking her head..I finally said.."look Dr. D......, we spent thousands and thousands of dollars, with you, on mixed breed dogs and other "healthier" breeds. And then the thousands on cats we've spent! I'm thinking your more worried you might be missing out on our money than you are about our Jake."That shut her up and I felt sooo good.
    it!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    ummmmm...........they are just totally JEALOUS!!!! I haven't really had many people say this to me but we don't get out much lol. I did see some one had posted a pic of their bulldog on facebook and I was asking what kind it was and they said and mini olde and I said what is a mini olde I never heard of a mini.....she describe an olde english bulldog to me and proceeded to tell me the difference between her olde and an english that they have less health problems and this and that. I have no clue why she thought hers was a mini you would think a mini olde would be a regular english......who knows!
    Hmm.. ok I've heard of minis ... and I've heard of Olde English ... but a mini olde.... whut??? Never heard of that one before!!!!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Hmm.. ok I've heard of minis ... and I've heard of Olde English ... but a mini olde.... whut??? Never heard of that one before!!!!
    Me either.......I ask what is a mini Olde and she replied with a description of an olde and how they have less health problem and I replied yes I know what an Olde is I never knew they had Mini Olde.....lol....I guess if they want to think that, then let them

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..I've got a story for you! I was in line at the post office at Christmas time... The wait was at least 45 minutes. Soooo who comes and gets in line behind me? My ex vet that I "fired" because of the way we were treated when we had to euthanize our sweet Rottie, Ana. (Long Story). Well, we hadn't really spoken since I cut the cord and moved on to a new vet. We started with small talk about the holidays..blah..blah..blah. Eventually the conversation turned to pets and she asked what we had in our menagerie now. I talked about Dena Dog, whom she knew, and the cats. Then I said, "Oh ya..we got our first puppy after 20 plus years!" She asked what we got, and the look on her face when I said English Bulldog, was priceless!! "Oh my gawwwwd," she exclaimed! "Are you crazy? Do you realize the health problems you have just purchased? Their eyes..their skin, their hips??". I let her go on and said yes, of course I was aware. We had done plenty of research and tried to get a healthy pup. How are his eyes?? She asked this at least 4 times! I informed her that he had been a very healthy guy and such a joy. She just kept shaking her head..I finally said.."look Dr. D......, we spent thousands and thousands of dollars, with you, on mixed breed dogs and other "healthier" breeds. And then the thousands on cats we've spent! I'm thinking your more worried you might be missing out on our money than you are about our Jake."That shut her up and I felt sooo good.

YOU FREAKIN ROCK!!!! I love it!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I took dozer for his first walk yesterday and some people stopped me to tell me how cute he was but nearly every body mentions how they have health problems and they said that these dogs are incredibly expensive....it is super annoying!!!!! Then some lady went on to tell me I was a bad dog owner because dozer has tear stains.....ugh lady go take a walk!!!
    Last edited by BrooklynStar; 03-18-2012 at 09:00 AM.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynStar View Post
    I took dozer for his first walk yesterday and some people stopped me to tell me how cute he was but nearly every body mentions how they have health problems and they said that these dogs are incredibly expensive....it is super annoying!!!!! Then some lady went on to tell me I was a bad dog owner because dozer has tear stains.....ugh lady go take a walk!!!
    People really, really piss me off
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yep, owning them for 18 years I have heard it all. I find the how much do they cost most irritating. That and how ugly they are.

At the same time though, I get loads of nice people who just want to pet them and they tell me how cool they are. So I get both types.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergie
    Likes (Received)

Good thread. As a new EB owner you all have prepared me for the glass "1/2 full" people!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

most people say "wow, he is a big dog" or "is he friendly, i wanna pet him." I haven't had any rude encounters. Some people are afraid and step off the sidewalk to avoid him

The weirdest comment was someone asked me if he was a Shar-pei because of his wrinkles
    Last edited by Watson; 03-18-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads